The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Awww Yeah!

Sorry but this deserved its own thread!

Dimmi the online restaurant booking site have a promo for 50% off your food bill at certain restaurants - I have always wanted to go to Kobe Jones and i noticed that on the list so i booked for last night .

Then last Friday they emailed me and said the have a further promotion and would i like a ride home in their ‘Dimisine’

I said sure! and booked it in for a ride home.

Now part of me was thinking if was going to be some naff Uber car or similar, and part of me though ‘knowing my luck it will be a real limo because the restaurant is only 4km from home’

Well it turned out to be a Hummer Limo!

Woo Hoo…

We had photographers during part of the ride, and they milked it by driving the whole length George St, but we had champagne!

Cheerin!!!!!

So what was the restaurant like?????

I was disappointed!

But I have wanted to go for about 10yrs, so maybe I built it up in my head too much!

We did one of the banquets and so it should have shown off their best side.

But Azuma is better.

But Sake is our Number 1 thus far grin

I wish we could go to the current Cherry Blossom Festival thing they have going on, but out of our budget currently :-(

Brilliant.
I made a booking through them for the first time on Saturday for Sunday lunch.  Super easy booking system smile

Hummer limo AWWWWW YEAH!

That’s pretty awesome.

I have to say I went to Kobe Jones in Docklands a few years back and it was nothing spesh either….

YEW!!!! Looks epic!!!!

Would you recommend to go?? It’s down street from work, but I only was there once, off my face, for all you can eat sushi.. was alright from what i can recall hahah

Dolph - 24 September 2015 05:09 PM

YEW!!!! Looks epic!!!!

Would you recommend to go?? It’s down street from work, but I only was there once, off my face, for all you can eat sushi.. was alright from what i can recall hahah

Nah - I wouldn’t recommend :-(

There are much better options out there!

Out of curiosity, was was it that was a let down?

Had a look online at this place (never been) but sounds pretty good to me.
If its any thing like Soju Girl in Canberra, I’d probably love it.

Im going to have to check it out next time in in Sydney or Mexico.

I’m just gonna go out there and say. I love Kobe Jones.

I have been to the Docklands one and the Darling harbor one twice. all times I thoroughly enjoyed the shit out of it.

not just the food but also the fantastic atmosphere. 
A+
would recommend

#teamkobe

Yeah going to try this place, sounds good.

Alsop, Hurricanes Bar & Grill is near there. awesome ribs. *drool*  rocker

#teamkobe #hurricanes #riiiibs

Ever since Hurricanes became a chain (4+ locations) their food went very downhill in my opinion. Back when it was new, the ribs were to die for…

This coupled with the price means I’d prefer to eat elsewhere.

DR1F7R - 25 September 2015 08:44 PM

Out of curiosity, was was it that was a let down?

Had a look online at this place (never been) but sounds pretty good to me.
If its any thing like Soju Girl in Canberra, I’d probably love it.

Im going to have to check it out next time in in Sydney or Mexico.

The menu/food was tired and old.

Places like Sake & Azuma are soo much better.

The food seemed heavy to me.

I am not a huge fan of raw fish… Sake loved every piece put in front of me. The sauce/vinaigrette made it. Cut through the rawness so to speak.

Kobe i was a bit meh.

The Wagyu looked like steak - no marbling at all. So i think it wasn’t a high grade (but the price tag was!)

I must say thought the service was amazing! just the food was average IMO