The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Liquid Monuments - Teahupoo

Koa Rothman, Nate Florence and Kiron Jabour bring you a death defying edit of some of the gnarliest paddle in’s you’ve ever witnessed at Chopes. You might also remember the staunch paddle in that Nate did out there a month or 2 ago.

“I don’t know what it was about the swell but me and Koa just got so worked up on it” Nate recall’s. “We were just battling. Me and Koa are best friends, we’re always competing against each other. Koa got a few bombs, then went over the falls on a pretty gnarly one. He was getting the best waves out there that day. And I was like fuck, I’ve got to get a good one. Then that wave came through. I turned and went, and almost got hung at the top. I felt weightless for a second and my nose almost dipped in. I was able to pull it up and catch, and honestly after that I don’t really remember what happened. Next thing I knew I was just getting blasted out with the spit. I was just… so stoked.”

One for the history books. Well done gents!