The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Where are you travelling to next?

Myoko and Niseko on the 19th Feb 2015

then Europe the year after for maybe about a month grin

Maybe NZ next year as well.

Japan for a month Jan/Feb 2016.

If we can also go visit my sister in Cambodia sometime March/Aprilish

Definitely considering NZ again for winter 2016…maybe a tour of the club fields since we’ve never done that. I don’t think I could bear to base myself in Wanaka again. I think I’d be too sad that Snow Park doesn’t exist anymore. lol

After that it might be time to start thinking about a trip back europe-side to Freddy’s family in Sweden. If we did that there would definitely be visits to northern Norway around Lofoten/Tromsø and my ultimate dream is to go to Svarlbard…although we’re definitely due for a trip to Canada to see my cousin and her family…

So many options!

cords - 10 September 2015 11:45 AM

So many options!

And so little time!

Thanks for your suggestion re sweden!

So much travel love on BW! smile

36 days - London for RWC Semis and Finals
100 days (yes Christmas Day) - Niseko for 4 weeks.
Feb - one week Myoko and one in Niseko with Oz smile

Trying to work out if we can really do anything over the Xmas period, we’re entertaining at this stage the prospect of perhaps Japan for a quick 10 day stint or maybe somewhere in Indo or Asia but due to a large number of other commitments we might end up somewhere in Oz, maybe even Jindy, will remain to be seen. 

Next year we have our wedding in Fiji on a 3 night cruise we’ve booked the whole boat for.  There’s 34 cabins so us and about 60 odd of our friends and family heading out into the Mamanuca and Yasawa Island chains.  Very pumped on that and looking forward to the 5 days after of just relaxing and chilling out on a remote island resort.

We’ve put off a traditional honeymoon straight after the wedding, but we’re looking at the following Xmas for a full month perhaps in Canada or Europe but that’s not set in stone yet!

cords - 10 September 2015 11:45 AM

Japan for a month Jan/Feb 2016.

If we can also go visit my sister in Cambodia sometime March/Aprilish

Definitely considering NZ again for winter 2016…maybe a tour of the club fields since we’ve never done that. I don’t think I could bear to base myself in Wanaka again. I think I’d be too sad that Snow Park doesn’t exist anymore. lol

After that it might be time to start thinking about a trip back europe-side to Freddy’s family in Sweden. If we did that there would definitely be visits to northern Norway around Lofoten/Tromsø and my ultimate dream is to go to Svarlbard…although we’re definitely due for a trip to Canada to see my cousin and her family…

So many options!

I thought snow park was coming back in 2016? It was a maybe on the cards?

You travel ALOT! Brilliant journey on !

bkrtron - 16 September 2015 04:26 PM

Source on your Snow Park info? Last I knew the owners had turned Snow Farm into an Ice Driving experience….the Snow Park facebook page disappeared and was turned into the ice driving thing, too. If Snow Park returned then living in Wanaka for a while would definitely be on the cards!

Too much traveling is never enough. I’m absolutely loving living in Australia again and all the quality time with my family and friends that it entails, but the urge to dream big and live bigger is always there, gnawing away. Just last night we were talking about moving to Guam for a while through a work contact of Freddy’s who has been there himself and worked and reckons he could get him a job there.
Also, because Guam is an American territory then supposedly after a while living there you qualify for a Green Card for the States…I can def see myself living in Oregon for a while if that happened. haha

cords - 17 September 2015 08:50 AM

but the urge to dream big and live bigger is always there, gnawing away.

This

always this!

NBG - 16 September 2015 02:33 PM

maybe even Jindy, will remain to be seen.

We will be there over xmas!

NBG - 16 September 2015 02:33 PM

Next year we have our wedding in Fiji on a 3 night cruise we’ve booked the whole boat for.  There’s 34 cabins so us and about 60 odd of our friends and family heading out into the Mamanuca and Yasawa Island chains.  Very pumped on that and looking forward to the 5 days after of just relaxing and chilling out on a remote island resort.

This sounds awesome!

3 weeks in Japan in January… hanging out in Hyogo area for most of the time, although, I have 6 nights booked in at Minakami Gunma for a bit of japow snowboard hunting

cords - 17 September 2015 08:50 AM
bkrtron - 16 September 2015 04:26 PM

Source on your Snow Park info? Last I knew the owners had turned Snow Farm into an Ice Driving experience….haha

Snow Farm still exists, cross country ski area. We saw it and there was lots of advertising when we were in Wanaka this winter. Pretty sure Snow Park is gone for good, and is a proving ground.

It’s a shame, was a great draw card for the area. Cardona park was mighty impressive this year, they do that really well.

heading off this weekend for somewhere with red dirt, straight roads and few people. Not quite sure just where, it’s a case of point it north west and see what happens. smile smile cool smile

Pretty sure Cardy got most of Snow Park’s features… which is why it’s a big draw card.

Just returned from Georgia. It is an absolutely amazing place and the first time I have been there in almost 3 years. Possibly one more trip to Tbilisi in the next few months. I want to bring my family and book a tour here:https://onewaytour.ge/. I heard many positive reviews about their tours. And I was pleasantly surprised by their prices.