The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Where are you travelling to next?

I feel as snowboarders, skaters, surfers, we generally always have a plan (or dream) on where we want to travel to next… the next big (or small) adventure. I know I do, even if it doesn’t always work out as planned.

So, my question to you:

Where are you travelling to next? What’s the plan?

Maybe we can inspire each other.

airplane

5th November, flight booked for Vancouver!

TJswish - 05 September 2015 08:56 PM

Awesome! Where are you off to?

Japan in feb!!!!!

blizzard_22 - 05 September 2015 09:04 PM

I should probably narrow that down, you’re obviously flying to Vancouver but are you off to work another season?

Whistler January 31st 2016 so pumped!! only for a week but will be sure to make the most of it, just did NZ mid August cannot get enough of boarding at the moment….. thumbsup

Forster NSW - Oct
Tassie (home) - Dec
Byron Bay - Feb
Maldives - April

So much travel froth!!!

I want to go everywhere! Nothing beats travelling imo.

But if all goes to plan, after 6 years of traveling for snow, the next trip is going to be to Italy (namely Sicily) and Malta.

air180 - 05 September 2015 10:31 PM

But if all goes to plan, after 6 years of traveling for snow, the next trip is going to be to Italy (namely Sicily) and Malta.

I hear you on that. Travelling is such an important part of “living” — to me anyway. We always try to have at least one travel plan on the cards at all times. It keeps me motivated every day. I hope to see the world and experience as many cultures as possible before I leave this place.

Guess where we’re headed on Monday? Heading back to Italy for the last three weeks of our trip. I’m really excited for Tuscany and the Cinque Terre, as they are two places I’ve been to (and heard amazing things about).

Evn - 05 September 2015 10:21 PM

Whistler January 31st 2016 so pumped!! only for a week but will be sure to make the most of it, just did NZ mid August cannot get enough of boarding at the moment….. thumbsup

Keep in touch on the forums (we will start the Whistler thread before the season starts), and we can introduce you to the Boardworld crew! There’s a bunch of us over there. Shredding, beers, all that fun stuff… wink

-Just returned from Tofino. Fucking amazing place and the first time i have been in the ocean in almost a year.

-Possibly Lake Louise in the next few weeks

-Central America for all/most of Oct/Nov

Thats all i have planned so far. But there will be plenty more in the works once Central is finished.

rider26 - 06 September 2015 02:45 AM

I hear you on that. Travelling is such an important part of “living” — to me anyway. We always try to have at least one travel plan on the cards at all times. It keeps me motivated every day. I hope to see the world and experience as many cultures as possible before I leave this place.

Guess where we’re headed on Monday? Heading back to Italy for the last three weeks of our trip. I’m really excited for Tuscany and the Cinque Terre, as they are two places I’ve been to (and heard amazing things about).

I look forward to seeing the photos! You’ve certainly had some amazing pictures so far!!

Totally agree with you as well. I’d love to see Russia, Croatia, Mongolia, Iran, Morocco or Rwanda (or all of them!). History and other cultures fascinate me. Plus all the amazing food you get to eat!!

Actually looked at doing unit abroad program last year through my uni. It was 3 weeks in Johannesburg and Rwanda learning about how the communities have healed after apartheid and genocide. Sadly had to put it off due to weddings :( it’d be an incredible experience though!

rider26 - 06 September 2015 02:45 AM

You’ll have a blast in Cinque Terre, I spent a lot of time around there and the Italian Riviera. Make sure you back ya hiking boots for Cinque Terre though. Going through all the little villages is amazing. I only got to do 3 out of the 5, but its so scenic and beautiful.

Post some photos!!! wink

blizzard_22 - 05 September 2015 09:42 PM
blizzard_22 - 05 September 2015 09:04 PM

I should probably narrow that down, you’re obviously flying to Vancouver but are you off to work another season?

Yeah, nothing but praise from my bosses at Falls Creek so I may as well keep doing this for a few seasons if I can. So I’m off to Canada, haven’t yet got a job anywhere so nothing is confirmed but I’d love to work for Fernie. The landscape, town and location are all amazing and it’s still big enough that the lifty team would be 40+ (not like resorts with 3 or 4 lifts and you get 15-20 lifties…)

I have the 2 year visa and my flights are booked per above for the 5th November.

In light of my recent situation:

Whistler - from about the end of the year, permanently.

Of course, being that there seems to be a big holdup in immi’s processing of the the BC PNP program (they’ve held further applications, which most likely means any current ones in process will be delayed,) at this stage I might have wasted my WB early season pass deposit, and I will get there in 1st Qtr 2016, maybe Feb/March?

Then after that it’ll be Japan (finally convinced the mrs to go there, but just for the snowboarding!) with trips to the US every so often. =)

Java Indonesia I think, always wanted to go