The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Jarryd Hayne - NFL

Yup huge props to Jarryd! He was the underdog 12 months ago, now and local and international icon.

I think this is one of the most compelling and inspirational sport’s stories of the last decade.

Be great to see him against the Minnesota Vikings next week!

I wonder if he will get any reps at RB though. I reckon he will definitely be on PR/KR duties.

His jersey is the number one seller for the niners, with only a couple left at the stadium. Crazy!

Stoked he made it onto the team. I hope he starts, but apparently it’s not likely for the first couple of games.

Anyway, these are the dates and times for his first few games (AEST):

- vs Minnesota Vikings: 12:20pm, Tuesday Sept 15, ESPN

- vs Pittsburgh Steelers: 3:00am, Tuesday Sept 21, 7Mate

- vs Arizona Cardinals: 6:05am, Monday Sept 28, 7Mate

Good news if you don’t have Foxtel, because 7Mate is broadcasting 14 of their 16 games on free-to-air.

Got TV’s all over the place at work which is good, but I will be tuning in to the Seahawks games anyway wink

The ONLY positive to Hayne playing is that I’ll get to watch all of the Niners games this year!

Darkclouds097 - 14 September 2015 10:04 AM

The ONLY positive to Hayne playing is that I’ll get to watch all of the Niners games this year!

Chucky, is that you?????

Full size can be found here if you’re interested: Vernon Davis wallpaper

If you’re just jumping on the bandwagon, Im sure there is a Hayne wallpaper out there somewhere…

Mizu Kuma - 14 September 2015 10:10 AM

Chucky, is that you?????

LOL

It’s frustrating for a lot of existing NFL fans. The aussie media has never given two shits about aussies in the NFL, and that just sucks. They all deserve as much coverage as each other. That’s the only reason we both are frustrated about hearing about Hayne… cause it’s non stop in the media. He isn’t wearing a Blues jersey anymore so I don’t have a problem with him, just the media hype!

Oh and don’t even get me started on Josh Dugan… teacherboy

blizzard_22 - 14 September 2015 04:47 PM
Mizu Kuma - 14 September 2015 10:10 AM

Chucky, is that you?????

LOL

It’s frustrating for a lot of existing NFL fans. The aussie media has never given two shits about aussies in the NFL, and that just sucks. They all deserve as much coverage as each other. That’s the only reason we both are frustrated about hearing about Hayne… cause it’s non stop in the media. He isn’t wearing a Blues jersey anymore so I don’t have a problem with him, just the media hype!

Oh and don’t even get me started on Josh Dugan… teacherboy

Maybe look at this another way, then?????

Because Hayne has done this, the sport that you guys love so much is now gonna get better coverage here in Australia!!!!!

Surely that’s a good thing, yeah?????

The Media is always gonna milk every last drop of blood out of anythin it can get its grubby little hands on regardless of who or what is involved!!!!!

Nobody can blame Hayne for what happens to other players????? Unless he’s directly involved in it?????

Infact, the only reason that we’re hearin of other Aussies in the NFL right now, is more than not directly attributed to Hayne, yeah?????

We’ve got foxtel so always got to watch games wink

But pretty much Miz, you’re right about getting better coverage now but it’s a shame. Especially for Jesse Williams, who went through the college system and won two championships with Bama. Unfortunately he had two season ending knee injuries and is now battling cancer. But the guy still trained in the preseason and played all preseason games this year. That’s an amazing feat.

Bit of a shocker today for Hayne. He’ll be hard pressed to be activated for next week, especially coming up against Pittsburgh

Mundine thinks he’s better than Jarryd Hayne!  teacherboy

Darkclouds097 - 30 September 2015 08:16 AM

See kids!!!!!

That’s what happens when you get punched in the face too many times!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 30 September 2015 09:01 AM
Darkclouds097 - 30 September 2015 08:16 AM

See kids!!!!!

That’s what happens when you get punched in the face too many times!!!!!

Totally mate, Hayne is doing so awesome and he is so modest

Mundine just wants the spotlight again to promote his next fight, i wish he would go overseas so he can just get hammered every fight

Mundine is just trying to get the spotlight back to himself teacherboy