The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Van’s Boots Are Back

I just seen the news that Van’s are returning back in to the boot game.

“They changed factories, new factories weren’t meeting quality control so vans called it off until the factories picked the game up is what I was told”

So so so dope! They are rad.

I run Nike’s but I wish I got some 32’s or a more core brand.

Laces and BOA. Looks like the BOA is for the bottom though (the part I don’t care about)

If it was BOA for top half only I’d have been all over that boot!

TJswish - 07 August 2015 01:25 PM

Laces and BOA. Looks like the BOA is for the bottom though (the part I don’t care about)

If it was BOA for top half only I’d have been all over that boot!

The review of the 2013/2014

Lacing
Though every aspect of the Vans Infuse Snowboard boots is top-notch, the area where they shine the very brightest is lacing. The Hybrid Boa lacing system combines traditional laces with a Boa closure with emphasis placed on the instep area of the boots. This unique setup allows you to lace your boots tighter than with laces-only boots for a snugger, safer, and more comfortable feel. The lacing system also allows you to make on-the-fly adjustments to tightness and boot flex without missing a beat. The internal web harnesses further increase fit and prevent slipping.

Oh so it’s just a BOA strap to keep your heel in place.

That’s actually really cool. My biggest grief with most BOA options is that they cut off circulation on the top of your foot. But that shouldn’t affect the ankle area.

Yeah, the BOA holds the liner instead of an internal corset doin all the work!!!!!

There’s a few boots across the brands that use this method!!!!!

And it’s awesome to see Vans back!!!!! I’ve got Nike’s at the moment, but my previous pair were Vans cause they liked my feet as much as my feet liked them!!!!! #stoked

lets hope this new factory does a better job than the last one.
My mate’s brand new Vans lasted 1 day on the slopes before the sole tore right off the boot.

Wow, no wonder they shut down their program and changed factories!!!!!

My Vans are still goin strong (Backup Pair Now), admittedly they were most likely from an earlier manafacture!!!!!

Vans should just get out of snowboarding. The quality of the boots and their customer service is terrible.

I bought a pair of Aura Boa boots in 2012 and the soles peeled away from the boots after four days of riding. I thought this was a clear manufacturing fault but the store in Melbourne from which I bought the boots claimed that Vans would not offer a replacement. The store offered me half price off any boot because I think they genuinely felt sorry for me, and I got the impression that they were also not happy with the response they received from Vans.

I ended up with a K2 T1 Boa and I have been very happy with it. However, it was disappointing to have lost $399 on the Vans boot.

My cousin also had a similar problem where the tongue of his Encore boots pulled apart from the liner after barely any use. He also had a hard time getting Vans to recognise the problem, although I think they eventually caved and offered a replacement.

My advice to anyone who’ll listen is to avoid Vans snowboard boots at all costs.

After only 4 Days the Shop should’ve given you a full refund!!!!!

That’s consumer law here in Australia!!!!!

No doesn’t work like that.

Warranties are assessed at manufacturer’s (or, in this case, local distributor’s) discretion.

If you don’t like their response you call lodge a complain with consumer affairs and go through the motions to resolve the case.

I had a Buller season pass, wanted to get riding ASAP,  and needed some boots. I didn’t have the time, energy or patience to go through the whole process.

If I get bad service I simply don’t support that company anymore. Hence no more Vans product for me.

powrider1 - 30 August 2015 03:24 AM

No doesn’t work like that.

Warranties are assessed at manufacturer’s (or, in this case, local distributor’s) discretion.

If you don’t like their response you call lodge a complain with consumer affairs and go through the motions to resolve the case.

I had a Buller season pass, wanted to get riding ASAP,  and needed some boots. I didn’t have the time, energy or patience to go through the whole process.

If I get bad service I simply don’t support that company anymore. Hence no more Vans product for me.

Yeah, does work like that!!!!!

http://m.consumer.vic.gov.au/businesses/fair-trading/guarantees-warranties-and-refunds/goods-covered-by-guarantees/responsibility-for-fixing-a-problem-with-goods

That’s from VIC’s Gov site, but it’s a National Standard when it comes to this!!!!!

^ Have to agree with our waterbear here, and I have to point out that it’s a shame that you felt you got jibbed because our (ie Aust,) distributor here declined to warranty your boots, I know if you were in N. America, it’d probably be replaced no Q’s asked. Probably the best for us that we have consumer laws covering us down under.

Sorry for the tangent reply…

Why did they make it so hard for me to get my boots repaired or replaced?

Is a peeling sole after four days of riding not regarded as a major fault?

I hate to say it, but the store should have had your back on that. Honestly, if that happened to one of our customers, we would make sure it gets replaced under warranty. Sounds like it was a clear warranty case and they should have gone in to bat for you. I’m sorry to hear that happened, powrider1.

powrider1 - 03 September 2015 01:46 AM

Why did they make it so hard for me to get my boots repaired or replaced?

Is a peeling sole after four days of riding not regarded as a major fault?

It sure was a major fault!!!!!

Like rider said, I also reckon the store was the week link in this!!!!!

Maybe it’s worth while contactin Vans’ Aussie Distributors and tellin them the story directly?????

That’ll at least let you know where the Store was comin from!!!!!

^ +1 on what @Jez and @Mizu sez.

The shop should’ve had your back. PERIOD.

I am not privy to what the shop told you, but if it were me I would give the question to them as to why they didn’t decide to honor the warranty, and then ask for the distributor’s contact details as well as the person they spoke to.

Sometimes it takes a bit of tenacity to let someone know that you’re not just slinging for a free pair of boots.