The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardgame thread

As you all probably know, I’m living at the snow. One of our favourite things to do on nights off is boardgames. (plus I just generally love boardgames)

So whats your favourite games to play with friends?

Down here I raided the op shops and got:
Rummycub
Guess Who
Scrabble
Uno
Monopoly
and Jenga

We also play a lot of Card based games like Presidents and Assholes, Hearts and Spit

And then there is at least a few sets of Cards against Humanity.

However, I recently played my first game of Settlers of Catan and I love it. Great game, lots of strategy and not too long that people get bored. Would be great to play it with some of the 5-6 player expansions too I think!

And I’m a massive fan of Risk. But generally just play it on a tablet since the actual game takes so long when you are rolling dice for 10+ attacks each turn.

So, what is everyone else’s favourites? Anything I should give a go?

Cards Against Humanity is great. Im a fan of good ol Uno and Uno Attack.

Cranium is fun for groups.

Game of Life too, the newer one though with credit cards and the ‘life pod’!

<3 Cards against humanity. haha. I have the Bigger blacker box, and all bar the most recent expantion.

Will be bringing it to the shred.

What i really need is a card shoe or two to make drawing cards easier…But for little bits of plastic, tehyre like $40… for a 2 deck shoe. :/

Cards Against Humanity is great fun.

But I’d say our favourite over the past few years has been Settlers of Catan. It’s such a great game and can get super competitive. Michelle and I have had more than a few arguments over it. LOL

Ive never heard of this Settlers of Catan game. Is it a board game or a card game?

I bought Cards Against Humanity recently but haven’t had a chance to play it. I’ve heard it’s good fun though.

A game we always like to play is Taboo. That always seems to get plenty of laughs.

Darkclouds097 - 31 July 2015 08:15 AM

Ive never heard of this Settlers of Catan game. Is it a board game or a card game?

It’s a boardgame.

If you have 10 minutes and want to learn how to play, watch this:

(Think that’s the right one, can’t check at work)

Since playing it, I want to buy it and maybe try one of the expansions hahaha

Oh and I have kickstarted “Exploding Kittens”. Just waiting for it to arrive!

http://www.explodingkittens.com/