The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Just got instructorship, planning to work half a season. Recommendations? :)

WOW! smile

Thanks heaps for that, it’s really a huge megathread with everything!

I think it’s safe to assume you were a liftie for a season in Canada?  Also, any plans for the upcoming 15/16 season?

I’ll send off some more applications.  Thankfully I’ve already gotten a police check as part of my degree requirements tongue laugh.

edit: and yeah you’re right I had no idea why Revelstoke only took level 2s, I assumed they were flexing their muscle as a big corporation.

Yep I was a lifty and am planning to do it again. Being a lifty is fun, you get a bit more time off than instructors and it’s guaranteed hours rather than an on-call basis. I also get really annoyed having to do the same beginner runs all season (which level 1’s generally get stuck on) and all the fees to get and sustain your qualifications.

However, this is my view and most of the instructors here at falls creek are loving it and obviously have a different opinion than me.

————————————————

With the mega thread, it’s a bit of a guide. So when I say things like only take 1 or 2 pairs of jeans etc, it’s more to persuade people to over-pack not to leave you with no clothes. Since most things are cheaper overseas and you won’t have to carry them over, it makes sense to pack light and then fix any issue when you are there rather than trying to prevent issues.

Sure man!  Hope it all works out for you in the upcoming season smile

Have fun!