The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Working at Whistler 2015-2016 — Questions

Yew!

I’m heading over to Van then Whis late November! Hooked up myself a gig with WB dance

Glad to see I’m not the only first timer here!

If you’re still looking at finding a job, and want to tee one up before you get over there, I’ve been in contact with Four Seasons Whistler before and they’ve said that they can organised skype interviews. Wouldn’t hurt to email them!

So I did the final process of my visa application on the 25th of Aug. Checked my email/application today and they said it had been approved on the 26th of Aug, waaaaay faster than I would have thought it would have been processed.

Anyway, it says that I would get a message saying what to do next, but I haven’t received anything in my email or on cic (apart CIC saying it has been approved in several places on the web page). So does this mail they are supposed to send me take longer to come after it has been approved or it it supposed to be sent automatically when it is approved, what I’m really asking here is has this happened to anyone else?

I’ll probably just ring early tomorrow morning when it is not 2130 for them :p

Thanks!

BTW second thread I’v posted this in, hoping for faster reply.

You should have a message in your my messages part of MYCIC which shows up when you expand the bottom part (it should say Correspondence letter)

Then when you click here, it should download a PDF thats called something like “W301497120”

Which says you’re approved.

TJswish - 29 August 2015 08:26 PM

You should have a message in your my messages part of MYCIC which shows up when you expand the bottom part (it should say Correspondence letter)

Then when you click here, it should download a PDF thats called something like “W301497120”

Which says you’re approved.

See I have been approved but no correspondence message :(

Lame. I just checked my email account and I got emails from them as per follows:
25th July - New Message
25th July - New Message
26th July - Application has been updated
28th July - Application has been updated
31st July - New Message
1st August - Application has been updated

So they may have updated it and will send out the letter within a few days?

I’v logged onto my email after seeing your reply and it does seem they send the message a few days after it has been approved… They had me worried.

Thanks for the help!

Now to sort work (unless I wing it and go over without it), flights, insurance etc etc.

Where are you currently and were are you planning to go to? I’d try to organise work but if you can’t, winging it isn’t a terrible idea. (That’s my current plan if I strike out)

Could always check out Fernie (which is where I want to go). They hire people who can’t make the job fair through video applications.

If not, let us know what you’re thinking and I’ll try to help out smile

Hey guys smile

Sorry, jumping in a bit late. I’m from Wollongong and heading over at the end of November.

I’m just waiting to hear back from the Westin after a skype interview and was just wondering if anyone had heard about their staff accomo and what the likelihood of myself securing a place in it. Not sure if I’m getting there too late smile

Thanks

Welcome to Boardworld, hannahmm. shaka

Was your interview directly with the Westin? Did they give you any information about staff housing there? Did they tell you when they would let you know by?

If you work for the Westin you won’t be able to stay in Whistler Blackcomb staff housing as they look after staff first and there’s usually a lot of demand for beds. But I’m pretty sure Westin offers staff accommodation so you should contact them directly to see what the deal is. If it’s been a while since your interview, it wouldn’t hurt to follow up.

Best of luck and I hope to see you over there!

Thank you smile

Yes directly with them, hoping to hear back sometime this week how it went!!
They mentioned that staff housing would be a possibility but haven’t been able to find any information about it online to get an idea of how many rooms they have etc. so don’t know if I should be looking elsewhere at the moment incase that falls through.

Just thought I’d give it a go if anyone had any experience with them smile

I haven’t had any experience with them, unfortunately. But I’m pretty sure they have staff accommodation available. Just let them know if staff housing isn’t being offered then you can’t take the job — it’s fair enough, I think.

Your biggest challenge with finding alternate accommodation is your late arrival date. Most leases will commence at the start of October or November. It will be very difficult after that, albeit not impossible.

Definitely keep your options open. Also, join this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/105948296221882/

Okay just got an email from WB asking for an interview for lifty. I’m peaking out right now.

Anyone have anymore hot tips on questions that may be asked or something else that may help me out?

Also it wasn’t specified weather or not the interview was going to be over the phone or skype, so does anyone else have clarification on this?

Thanks.

SAAAAAH STOKED

I’ve had a phone interview with WB but got an email yesterday saying I’m going to the job fair woohoo!

Did you apply for the November job fair or email them directly?

And with regard to the questions on the phone, they were quite straight forward, basically why I wanted to work there, told a bit about myself, about my ski ability and what it is I liked about WB.

Best of luck and keep us posted!!

I gave my resume to someone over there and they handed it in to the recruiters. They just emailed me back wanting the interview.

Thanks for the reply.

Just got the job as lift host in Whistler, yewwwwww.