The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

gear recommendations for odd sizing

hey everyone

am looking at getting some new goggles and pants and wanna know what brands I should be looking at.

with the goggles, i have a weird shaped head. its just too big for kids sizes and most of the small adult sizes sit funny on my cheekbones which i can see becoming uncomfortable during the day, so would love some recommendations so i could go stare at them try em on before i commit. (i delay a lot with buying stuff)

as for pants, i’m one of those women with actual hips and thighs and for some reason manufacturers don’t think we have those…. ladies what do you use. i’m currently in an extra large aldi set (i’m a size 10) and know i’m going to need something better

help there is too much on the internet

^ Have you considered moving to men’s gear for your pants? I mean.. the bottom line is pants are pants, as long as it looks good on you….

As for goggles, maybe if you let us know what brands you’ve tried, there’s the benchmark we can work off..?
Most goggles these days are those big sizes, and tend to fit wider….

As a lady with hips and quad muscles aka thunder thighs, I’m definitely going to recommend that you find yourself some men’s pants. I’ve always had them because women’s cut ones are 99% ridiculous, especially when you pair it with a women’s jacket which are 99% ridiculous cut as well…leaving bare skin of the small of your back (and in some cases butt crack) showing when you bend over to do up your bindings.

Go men’s pants. I’ve even found pink ones! grin

In regards to goggles, I would recommend you try the Dragon DXS. They are excellent value, but also one of the best fitting goggles for smaller faces. My wife has two sets of DXS based on my recommendation (she also has a small face) and she loves them. We are currently sold out of the DXS but we have more stock arriving very soon (if you are interested).

I think the other guys are right regarding the pants. If you’re finding them too tight, go for a more relaxed fit in the men’s range. They are essentially the same product… just different fit and sizing.