The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

MyPakage Underwear Reviews

Alright folks, here is my review of the MyPakage weekday undies.

Originally I wasn’t due up to the snow until my trip to NZ sometime next month, and would’ve reviewed it for the activities that I usually do which is mainly boxing and motorbike riding.

However, I planned a last minute trip to Buller and it came in the day before! I was in the middle of putting on my bindings when the Austpost rang the doorbell to deliver.

Perfect chance!

First things first, with the exception of a few brands, I’m mainly a briefs man, the reason being most boxer-briefs seem to have a tendency to roll up my thunder thighs creating discomfort when sitting.
Currently I have a few pairs of undies, with my favourites being my Macpherson Men briefs and Freegun boxer briefs (it was on sale although the design is…. LOUD.)

On the the MyPakage, this is the packaging it came in and how it looked out of the box. (Bonus points for Jez for giving me purple ones!)

The underwear itself seems heavier than the others I have (granted most of the ones I have are cotton,) and the crotch area has that funny section which I presume cradles the bangers and mash.

Putting it on it seems as easy and comfy as my freeguns and I had concerns that the leg hole area would roll up on use which is the reason I stopped wearing trunks/boxer briefs.
Seriously gaiz, this is frickin’ annoying coz when you’re sitting down the 3-4cm of rolled material stops circulation leaves marks etc etc. The only other trunks that doesn’t do this are my freeguns, but they’re more… spandexy than this one and feels alot thinner.

Anyways, it definitely seems comfortable enough, and feels good for “my package.”

During boarding it was pretty awesome I have to say.
As sexy flanders says:

Definitely didn’t feel like I was wearing anything noticable. The one thing I didn’t like with my other underwear was the waistband usually moves around so you’d have to adjust that to the compressionwear you’re wearing.
This didn’t happen.
And also the package adjustment, which gave the phrase “wakey wakey hands off snakey,” and the typical males with one hand in their pants.
This also didn’t happen. But you still have that very comfy cupped feeling in your crotch.

Definitely would buy this when what I have goes, can’t recommend enough, will update once I wash and use sometime next week for boxing.

UPDATE:

So I used it today for boxing, and it was great!
Usually when I’m finished with my session it feels like I’ve just dipped my undies in water and put them on again, (Don’t even get me started on my shorts, it looks like I’ve just peed in them,) but I found the mypakage to be alot dryer, as it’s supposed to be wicking the sweat away.
It wasn’t totally try, but I could consider it to be a very noticable reduction in crotch sweat patches.
Two thumbs up. =D

I’m a jocks guy. Always have been. I like my bits to be held firmly in place. Cradled. Held gently. Protected. This is much to my wife’s displeasure possibly due to all the advertising campaigns of seeing some major hot guys like Mark Walberg, Jamie Dornan and Justin Beiber – ok maybe not the last one - wearing their white boxer briefs proudly for the world to see.

So over the last few years I’ve had a few not so subtle hints of being bought some boxers (both loose and tight) in random shopping trips and suggested to wear them. Being a jocks guy, they have largely been relegated to the back of the undies drawer and only worn at night where for the 8 hours I’m asleep without any worry about them riding up, cutting of any circulation or in worst case not holding anything back in. That was until I again was given a pair of the MyPakage Underwear to tryout from the wife.

Now on the box it advertises that it “utilises ‘KeyHole Comfort Technology’ to create a three-dimensional pouch that supports and cradles your package, allowing for absolute freedom and eliminating the need for any shifting or adjusting.” Pulling it out of the box, I noticed that they were extremely soft and it indeed does have what I could only describe as an extra pouch for your man bits. Without putting any mental picture in your head, I have no shame it admitting that I am NOT nicknamed tripod and do NOT have a Matt Shirvington pendulum (YouTube him ladies if you want to be hypnotised) and my junk is NOT anything more than (I guess) average – but its all how you use it…right? right!? RIGHT?! Anyway, looking at these, it doesn’t look like MY package is going to be held in place at all by MyPakage and I was nervously worried. Now I want to tell you I tried them first during a normal average day, but I decided to try them out snowboarding first. Go hard or go home wouldn’t be an appropriate comment here but I decided to put my balls on the line for this test. I really wished I hadn’t to tell you the truth because they are such a weird sensation that I wasn’t ready for.

Firstly the rest of the boxer material was VERY comfortable around my bum and legs. This would be due to (according to the packaging) the 95% modal and 5% spandex fabric. The weird sensation came from my junk poking through the inner boxer keyhole into their own little VIP section in the front, it felt like they were hanging out in an alfresco dining out the front of a MasterChef restaurant. Not quite eating at the same table as the rest of the diners but still under cover from the weather. Much like being separated into a smokers/non-smokers section or your body/your junk section. I was just not ready for this free feeling experience where everything else was locked up tight but my little Shawshank crew was seemingly able to run free. Nevertheless, I had a very enjoyable day boarding and completely forgot about Free Willy until the end of the day when I was getting changed.

Usually after removing my jocks I have to give everything a bit of a jiggle to wake everyone up from their tight confines of essentially a straightjacket like hold for the past 8-14 hours during the day. But not so after wearing the MyPakage boxer briefs! My boys had been running free all day like one of those kids raised by wolves in the forest and for the first time ever I didn’t have to look down and apologise to Mr Happy for confining him Hannibal Lecter style. It was this moment with my little partner in crime that made me wonder why this wizardry of technology hasn’t been invented before now.

The second time I wore these boxer briefs, I was more prepared and decided to wear them to work where I am a little less active than snowboarding on a mountain but in a professional setting where I still needed to have everything in place and not waving around like the chequered flag at the end of a Nascar race. And although I again I still had the freeing feeling of my snake finding a crack to escape its enclosure everything did get held in place and I was more comfortable at work than I had ever been. My boys were out on the Serengeti enjoying their time frolicking in the open space without worrying about being locked up by crazy poachers. It was glory hole feeling of freedom that would’ve made good old William Wallace grin and no-one at work knew!

Would I recommend these? My brain says not sure because after all these years I’m set in my ways but my boys are praying for relief harder than a farmer in a drought looking at some distant clouds. Seriously, they are by far the most comfortable boxer briefs I’ve ever worn and I never once had any issue with the legs riding up with everything staying put in the same spot as I left it 8 hours before. They will appear in the jock rotation so I am happy to own a pair and my wife is happy that they won’t be relegated to sleepwear.

I do implore you to give them a try yourself, and as Nelson Mandela once said, “Let freedom reign…” Maybe he’d just put on a pair of MyPakage underwear himself? We’ll never know… thinking

They just work… better than everything else. Don’t think I’ll buy anything else ever again.

Being a boxer/briefs man, I was pretty keen to try these and see what the fuss was about.  Wasn’t sure what the “Keyhole Comfort Technology” was going to be like but there is only one way to find out.

Very soft material, when I initially put them on and got everything adjusted they felt a bit odd, but do-able.  It was a little strange having what felt like a private room for mypackage, but after the 10 minute walk to the train I hardly noticed at all.

Test one, Pilates Reformer class.  I generally always have to make an “adjustment” at some point during, but everything stayed in place the whole class.  Definitely gets a gold star there.

Test two, Body Balance (yoga, pilates, and tai chi inspired moves).  Nice wide range of movement required, and turned out to be the first time I’ve taken this one and not needed to pick out a wedgie.  Also stayed feeling comfortable the rest of the work day, and even when I got stuck on a wall-to-wall packed tram for 10 minutes (wish I could have taken off my jacket), when I got off I immediately felt cool and still comfortable. These things are a definite win, I look forward to trying them in more intense exercise situations!  shaka

SnowDragon - 13 August 2015 09:19 PM

I look forward to trying them in more intense exercise situations!  shaka

I normally take mine off for those moments!!!!!

I finally got the chance to test out my “MyPackage” undies during my week long jaunt to Falls Creek last week and to cut a long story short I was impressed.
Feel free to read on if your after a more detailed summary or those of you with a weak disposition or an aversion to the male genitalia and its strange antics may wish to just call it quits now.

Ive been a boxer man ever since a gift from ‘santa’ of a pair of ninja turtle silk boxers as a teen. The transition from a regular jock to these silky coverings was like an awakening. My man vegetables had found a new found freedom. They jiggled and giggled no longer encumbered by the tight confines of cheap cotton and the way a cooling breeze could now sometimes find its way up my shorts was nothing short of amazing.
But silky boxers have a few issues, not limited to the social stigma attached to being sprung wearing shiny Tassy Devil themed silkys by a female suitor before some below the doona congress after a night on the tubes. The main problem I feel is their absorbancy or lack there of. Confucius wisely proclaimed back in 64BC that ‘no matter how much you shake and dance, a few drops always end up in your pants’ and silky boxers are made of some sort of hydrophobic NASA escque material that send all wayward dribbles south and onto your strides. A grey track pant and silky boxer combo is like playing Russian roulette when a visit to the urinals is called for!!!!
I realized after a few years of shaking my old fella like a cheap can of spray paint for stray drops that a change was needed and Bonds come to the pants pill covering party and i saw the light. Cotton again was back hugging my junk but in a much more flattering and comfortable boxer shaped form.
And to this day im still a cotton boxer man, i dabble with both a loose fit or a more snug house for my master of ceremonies but ive never really had snowboarding specific undies for my general and his two colonels so I was excited to try out what MyPackage had to offer.
Upon revieving the package of MyPackage i was immediately impressed by the packaging used to package MyPackage. 99% of my underwear purchases originate from a crappy plastic hanger with the letter L emblazoned on the top. Its own fancy black box was a nice touch but this isnt a MyPackage package review, so onto the actual boxers themselves.
My first reaction when my digits made first contact with the cloth of the MyPackage was the ‘crikey, they’re soft!!’ How soft I hear you ask, well as soft as the caress of a summers breeze on a babies bum!!! I wanted to put them on then and there but I also wanted to savor the moment of that new jock feeling for a day at the snow. 2 weeks later that day arrived, a 20+cm morning of fresh snow at falls creek shattered any illusion of a hangover i had from too many expensive jugs of harvey wallbangers, and the MyPackages were slipped over my pins.
Now came the point i was most curious about. Would I like the feeling of my love truncheon and plums taking up residence in the MyPackage’s underwear version of a granny flat? Would my a fore mentioned man bits like being separated from their long time companions the upper thighs? Only one way to find out, Like slipping a letter too large for a post box i wrestled my junk into the MyPackage ‘keyhole’ and stood there. To be honest i felt nothing different. The softness of the material made it feel like everything down stairs were still living harmoniously. Impressed I gave everything a once over wiggle and a couple of pendulum swings for good measure and gave the initial MyPackage experience a thumbs up, finished dressing and hit the pow.
Was it because of the awesome snow or the fact that the MyPackage had everything under control we will never know, but that wednesday turned out to be the best snow sliding I have ever experienced in australia.
Pow and a cradled cock n balls that never got too hot or sticky due to the amazing moisture wicking and breathe ability of the MyPackage, it was win win!!! Now I dont want to ruin any romantic ideals you all might have of my man parts ladies and gents, but it does get pretty moist down there when im going hard at it, and i came out of this whole day adventure with a dryness unfamiliar to me!!
When first introduced to MyPackage underwear I was concerned that an activity with such vigorous direction changes like that in which snowboarding partakes upon ones skin flute and yam bag when they are packaged in their own package might have been akin to, as mentioned in another review, a pendulum, but it just wasnt the case. Everything had its place and stayed in its place no matter how hard i charged or stacked. There was no male prisoner and female visitor smashing on the visiting window glass effect between my Jatz Crackers and legs and in what i can only assume was the guiding grace of the MyPackage underwear, later that night i was able to throw a bullseye on the dartboard whith out actually looking at the board at all!!!
If i had to find any fault with them at all, its the fiddlyness of repackaging my pocket rocket and grapes whilst wearing thermals and snowpants after a trip to the loo. I looked like some kind of pervert giving myself a reach around when i tried to get everything ‘keyholed’ again without dropping my gloves onto a urine soaked floor but it was only a minor inconvenience that would lesson with practice.
9/10 would and will wear again!

So are the Womens variety “Key” Technology thinking