The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Demo Days this Season?

I’m pretty sure Thredbo has one soon and I did hear that one was happening at Perisher but I cant remember exactly when, does anyone know as I have a bit of gear I want to test out?

Yeah I am with ya on wanting to know the date for Perisher! Hopefully someone knows!

From what I’ve been told it’s the second last weekend of July at Perisher.

I’ll see what I can find out.

I there there is something different this year..

I actually think they are only having one each in NSW and VIC.

(i could be wrong but that’s all i have seen thus far)

Thredbo one was last weekend!!!!!

Found it!

Perisher is this weekend

ANZ Snowboaridng Mag demo days 2015

It’s that time of year, the snow is falling and the Rip Curl crew are hitting it again for the road trip of the season, through the Australian Alps from Jindabyne to Buller.

Thredbo – July 4 & 5 in conjuction with ANZ Snowboarding Demo Days
Jindabyne – July 11 Store Signing
Perisher – July 11 & 12
Mt Hotham – July/August – Powder Raids
Falls Creek – July/August – Powder Raids
Mt Buller – August 8 & 9

http://www.anzsnowboarding.com.au/rip-curl-snow-tour-2015-x-anz-snowboarding-demo-days/

**ignore me - seems it just the crew touring????**

I know that capita &  union are doing demo’s at all the main mountains both nsw & Vic but I can’t remember the dates Linton told me

Damn I thought it was gunna be the following weekend.

Did they have them last year? From memory they usually hold them early in the season…?

Just came across this on the Ballistyx facebook page

Ballistyx facebook

There’s one at Perisher (info coming soon) but I’ve been told it’s for Freedom Pass holders only.

Bit late now but there is a Nitro demo day here today at Falls.

geniass - 08 July 2015 09:21 PM

Just came across this on the Ballistyx facebook page

Ballistyx facebook

Was gona mention this one. Mr.h0z signed himself up for this (he signed me too.. But for Saturday. And its the girls shred..) so at least he will be entertained with new toys to try while I’m off with the girls - *shit it sounds weird saying off the the girls… Dont think I’ve ever typed/spoken those words, at least since last years girls shred haha!

Where is the link to sign up!?

^This^  +1

Will be down that weekend.

Well Demo Day was good, tried a bunch of boards I wanted to and then some I hadn’t really thought of.  Only bummer was the only bindingsI there were Rome and Union but Union only had some really basic stuff.

I had a crack first up on the DC Mega 156, this ticked all the boxes for me, was stiffer than my Ply, carved really well and was still really fun to ride, basically it was everything the Ply is but better.

Next up was the Rome Mod Rocker 159 I think, this board went really well, surprisingly it carved a lot better than the flat base with mild rocker at the tips.  It also had a lot of pop and was exactly as Jeremy noted, a board that could really do powder but did pretty well in the park as well.

Next up was the YES Greats.  I always wanted to try a board from YES and this seemed like the best choice.  It behaved much as I expected, really well, did everything I wanted it to do especially in the carving dept and the way it gave back to you when pushing it.

Next I ended up on the Nitro Diablo 160, interesting board to look at, probably the deadest feeling board I rode edge to edge and carving, the rep told me it was only a 254 waist but it felt wider than that.

After checking these out I jumped back on the Mega for an extended ride up Mt P.  Was a bit of a revelation there, it was incredible how it could deal with the mashed potatoes that late in the arvo at pretty high speeds for me, super confidence inspiring.  I liked it so much that I just bought a 159 today, cant wait to have a crack with it in the park.

It did occur to me during the day that my own ideas on m riding were probably a bit off, it seems that I am probably a reasonably aggressive rider and being the heavier side, increased stiffness works really well for me.