The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Site Feedback: Bugs, Functionality Issues, and Suggestions

Yep, logged me out just then!!!!!

I keep getting logged out also.

I thought you guys liked me here?  thinking

Tills - 05 August 2015 12:51 PM

I keep getting logged out also.

I thought you guys liked me here?  thinking

joy I thought it was just me doing something wrong and getting logged out all the time!

Now getting logged out continuously. If i minimize the page (phone) i have to log back in. But all the criteria is there, and i just press the log in button?  hmmm I Do Not Like Pressing Buttons blank stare

Hi guys,

My name’s Iain and I’m investigating this unexpected log out issue that you’re experiencing.

I’m having difficulty recreating the bug here so I’ll need some help to narrow down the cause of the problem.

The next time you are logged out unexpectedly could you please list the following details?
- browser and device you’re using
- what page you were on and what page you went to (if applicable) when you were logged out
- if you’d recently swapped to another device (eg resuming use of the site on another phone or tablet)
- had you logged in with the ‘keep me logged in’ option checked

This will be a massive help as it will let me reproduce the conditions that result in the unexpected logout.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Iain Saxon
Web Developer @ Newism

Edit: Also, is anyone using private mode or clearing their browser history? Either of these would cause issues as they would potentially not persist cookies or delete the cookie that manages the ‘remember me’ functionality.

Mine was every time I came here. Since the fix posted by Jez, I haven’t been logged out once smile

PM’s!!!!!

Sent Messages still not showin in the Sent Messages Folder!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 09 August 2015 11:49 AM

PM’s!!!!!

For the moment, you need to check the “Store a copy in the Sent messages folder” option before sending the PM.

rider26 - 10 August 2015 06:25 AM
Mizu Kuma - 09 August 2015 11:49 AM

PM’s!!!!!

For the moment, you need to check the “Store a copy in the Sent messages folder” option before sending the PM.

Oh!!!!!

Every time?????

Logged Out yesterday and this mornin!!!!!

Nothin unusual, just long period of no use, I always close the application/window!!!!!

iPhone 6 latest iOS!!!!! Safari!!!!!

I was having no problems after clearing the cache / cookies a week or so back, yesterday afternoon it started kicking me out again.

I think its if he computer goes to sleep, I get booted then.

Latest OS on an iMac, Safari ~ Latest

Mizu Kuma - 10 August 2015 10:32 AM

Oh!!!!!

Every time?????

Currently, yes. We plan on changing the default behaviour to have it automatically checked. We will keep you posted.

Kicked off again!!!!!

After a period of no use, iPhone 6 iOS 8, Safari!!!!!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your feedback, its been a big help.

After noticing that a few of you were using Safari I tried the Remember Me functionality for Safari and have noticed some weird things happen with the cookie the site creates.

The auto-login cookie is created when I first logged in but after jumping between the Store or Promos sections and the Forum this cookie disappeared.

Another colleague tried this but the cookie was never created but he could restart his computer and still auto-login.

There is indeed some strange issue in Safari related to cookies and we’ll take a closer look into this.

Is anyone running ad-blocking or other extensions in their Safari? Do not track mode? What settings are used for the ‘Cookies and website data’ Safari preferences?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Iain

Image Attachments

Screen_Shot_2015-08-13_at_5.26_.15_pm_.png

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

I have not been booted today, been in the store and forums, I have this shizz selected in preferences.