The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Soft Launch Feedback: FORUMS bugs, design issues, functionality issues

air180 - 22 May 2015 06:49 PM

Had issues with signing in this morning. Had to put in my email address a few times before it worked. Now even though it says email/username I can no longer login with my email (username only). When I try with email it just says invalid email. (Not sure if you are going to keep email login as an option but just in case…)

This should now be fixed.

grunge - 23 May 2015 11:59 AM

I just tried to click on “Mark all posts as read,” and it went into “Page not found.”

It just worked for me. Our devs might have resolved this issue. Would you mind checking again? Please let me know if you see it again and we will investigate further.

Mudhoney - 22 May 2015 08:12 PM

something fishy with private message counters

Thanks. What’s the issue exactly? The black bar value not equaling 97%? Or was there something else?

trentradpants - 25 May 2015 02:51 PM

On my first log in on my phone i couldnt get the side menu bar thing to go away. This was on an android using firefox.
Ive tried to replicate it but it hasnt happened again yet, so could just be my phone on firefox having a spazz

Please let us know if you see this again.

air180 - 24 May 2015 09:14 PM

The mobile version, not so much. I think the reason is when browsing through sections on mobile you can only see one to two threads at the same time and they’re each in their own boxes rather than in a list like they used to be. It kinda feels zoomed it which makes it harder to know where abouts in the forum you are.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree it needs further work. We wanted the forums to be fully responsive and designed for mobile, so it definitely has the zoomed in feel, which I think is more of a mobile design.

That said, it took a bit of work getting it to this point, and we will commit to making further improvements after launch during phase 2 of development. It probably means simplifying the content (on mobile) further and improving the layout. So, any more feedback on this would be greatly appreciated (from everyone). We will use your feedback when deciding which improvements to implement from here.

TJswish - 22 May 2015 09:34 AM

Maybe it’s my colour deficiency but I find it hard to tell between unread and read posts.

We will definitely look at improving the design of this at some point.

TJswish - 22 May 2015 10:17 AM

Fast reply doesn’t work when you click post reply / new topic and then click back in Chrome or IE 11.

Also I keep clicking New Topic as it’s in the middle. Can we change it back to how it used to be? Fast Reply / Post Reply / New Topic?

Fast reply working for you now?

Haha, we will look at fixing those sorts of details soon. Thanks for pointing it out. Noted.

ozgirl - 22 May 2015 10:57 AM

On my phone (yeah yeah the blackberry) I can’t see the buttons to reply at all.

Also the search field is ginormous!

To be honest IMO the whole site is a little on the large side. I have reduced the zoom even on Chrome on my PC.

What do you mean exactly that you can’t see the buttons? Can you send me a screenshot of this, please?

We will look into fixing the sizing and design to save some space. I agree it’s on the large side. It can only get better from here. wink

end user - 22 May 2015 11:07 AM

Page not found error on the confirmation pages when you subscribe/unsubscribe to a thread.
Signatures don’t display.
View All posts by this member when viewing someones profile returns a page cannot be displayed.

Should all be fixed. Can you please confirm on your end?

Signatures have now been locked. We don’t want signatures on the forums for a variety of reasons.

end user - 22 May 2015 11:12 AM

Was there a way in the previous forum to delete a post?

No, but you can edit posts. Same with the previous site.

end user - 22 May 2015 11:28 AM

Page cannot be displayed when trying to save these preferences.
(Might explain why signatures don’t display)

I am seeing that too. We locked signatures which may have locked the other features. Will look into it.

TJswish - 22 May 2015 11:57 AM

Posts in this area (site feedback) don’t get marked as read when I have read them more than once.

Weird. Please keep an eye on this and I will do the same. Let me know if you see it happen again or elsewhere.

rider26 - 26 May 2015 05:41 PM
end user - 22 May 2015 11:12 AM

Was there a way in the previous forum to delete a post?

No, but you can edit posts. Same with the previous site.

if you want a post deleted can’t users ask a mod?

rider26 - 26 May 2015 05:39 PM
ozgirl - 22 May 2015 10:57 AM

On my phone (yeah yeah the blackberry) I can’t see the buttons to reply at all.

Also the search field is ginormous!

To be honest IMO the whole site is a little on the large side. I have reduced the zoom even on Chrome on my PC.

What do you mean exactly that you can’t see the buttons? Can you send me a screenshot of this, please?

We will look into fixing the sizing and design to save some space. I agree it’s on the large side. It can only get better from here. wink

Tis fixed now!

I find it really hard to read the text on the site. I am assuming the colour is black, but it is very small and thin. I have to zoom my browser in to 150% just to read posts.

Also on the mobile version I find you have to scroll through way too much stuff to get to posts.

Again on the mobile when you go to private messages there is a lot to scroll through before you find your inbox/message. To the point where I thought it was sending me to the wrong page.

Sorry if I am being too critical!