The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snow - Entry Level Intermediate Womens Twin Tip Recs?

One of the members over in the snowboard equipment forums recommended I x-post this question over here…
And so, here it is…

I just started boarding this January and absolutely love it - as the cost of rentals were getting a bit pricey, picked up a Morrow Mantra 148, Salomon Relay ring bindings and Salomon Kiana boots. Love the bindings, love the boots - I’m finding that while I can ride switch on my Mantra, I’m finding it difficult to stay there for extended periods of time.

Granted, part of it is probably technique and being a newbie - but I’m pretty solid on a good number of carving drills. I’m not a bomber and probably won’t spend copious amounts of time in the park, but want to start playing a little more freely.

The rental boards I used were your basic Burton learn to ride boards. Typically I ride regular and I’m looking to spend some more time switch. (I longboard both regular and goofy.)

Unfortunately, there are few demoshop options in the MidAtlantic so, I’m fairly limited to online reviews and recs.

My Physical Stats:
Height 165cm
Weight: 136lbs

Any thoughts/assistance with at least where to start would be greatly appreciated!