The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2015

Wind is wild, I got blown over at the top of Smiggins. But the fresh tracks coming down was beautiful.

Yep yep blizz! Had my first wind hold day today out at bluecow - was GLORIOUS! Winds were obviously a problem but found some less windy freshies down around brumby T-bar in the morning, best snow I’ve ridden this year without a doubt. SO MUCH FUN! Get out there and embrace this storm if you can, the snow is definitely worth it!

I went to perisher both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was the worst day I have ever experienced for lifts on hold. Great snow, but the experience was bad due to the 30 min lift waiting times… Yesterday was great snow but the wind was unbelievable. Very nice around Interceptor and then around excelerator. Nice deepish snow off the sides around rock garden

Saturday was awesome in the morning at Smigs then about 11:30 got smashed with crowds so we headed off.  Didn’t even bother with Sunday as the winds were psycho!

Heading down Wednesday through to Sunday, will be Pat Malone till Friday, anyone gunna be there?  Where’s Dylan when ya need a riding partner?

NBG - 27 July 2015 06:46 PM

Didn’t even bother with Sunday as the winds were psycho!

And yet… the chairs were running on Sunday!

Not in the morning, we checked the lift reports on the way back and most of em were shut till after 11. Bit peeved with the way they report the lifts to be honest, they tell u that 45 will be open when anyone with a clue can tell that most chairs will be on windhold. They leave it as opening right up till the scheduled opening time and then tell u its on hold. They know full well prior to opening that most lifts were gunna have to go on hold yet they still report them as being open.

Weren’t to worried to go home got three days mid week this week and probably for the rest of August so I’m OK with missing Sunday ha ha.

ozgirl - 28 July 2015 04:25 PM

And yet… the chairs were running on Sunday!

Yeah that stumped me. Was pulling my hair out on Saturday with the lift lines. Waited at Lawson bar for like 35 mins at one point. So just hit one feature in Leichhardt park repeatedly and walked back up. The lines seemed to ease once they opened Sun Valley, Eyre etc.

Sunday was awesome though, more laps of Leichhardt then would duck off down Powder Ridge, the snow was great!

Wiiiiinndddddddyyyy!!!
It’s crazy outside!!

I’ll be riding tomorrow arvo after work (depending on the wind)
But will be out all day Saturday if anyone’s around.

NBG - 28 July 2015 05:37 PM

Not in the morning, we checked the lift reports on the way back and most of em were shut till after 11.

They were open in the morning.

they closed the quad after 11am as it was perisher turn to have power issues and is wasn’t worth the risk of having people stuck in the air (would you want to have been stuck on a chair for a few hours in that weather?)

Today was an awesome day, Wednesday was good, yesterday OK but today was seriously awesome. Windblown pow stashes in the morning followed by brilliant bluebird and low wind. All the parks are up and running including bluecow and the pipeight not be too far off either!

NBG - 28 July 2015 05:37 PM

Not in the morning, we checked the lift reports on the way back and most of em were shut till after 11. Bit peeved with the way they report the lifts to be honest, they tell u that 45 will be open when anyone with a clue can tell that most chairs will be on windhold. They leave it as opening right up till the scheduled opening time and then tell u its on hold. They know full well prior to opening that most lifts were gunna have to go on hold yet they still report them as being open.

Weren’t to worried to go home got three days mid week this week and probably for the rest of August so I’m OK with missing Sunday ha ha.

I dont know how perisher get away with what they report. Seriously its false advertising and just blatant bullshit. They posted a youtube clip of lastvweekend which showed snow with no wind, and the sun out in parts! Yesterday at 6am the wind was 150km/h and they said to watch out as some lifts would be on windhold and the wind would make things feel colder than it was! They only opened 14 lifts, but by then most people have bought tickets, they dont give a shit, take the money and run. Even today they are saying there could be wind hold and winds are forecast to die down. Reality is at 4am a warning was issued for destructive winds for snowies this arvo/tonight. Does nonone from the ACCC ski??

I know what you mean Brenno!

Heading back down again on Wednesday, should be cracking specially after another shite weekend, poor fiance didn’t even get a run in it was that bad, I was OK cause of the previous few days, she drove all the way down and back again without strapping in!

Does anyone have any experience with Perisher’s “Performance Plus” lessons? I was considering booking in for a terrain park session for this coming Saturday.

for a few years now, perishers reports have really been pissing me off! they don’t get away with
as much anymore with social media, but somehow they seem to get away with it unchecked.
I know enough about the weather and forecasting to make my own judgements, but there is a massive
amount of people that sucked in by the false reports. well people its time to revolt! go to the ACCC website and lodge a complaint. tell them how it is. when they get enough whingers they will look into it
and perisher will be put in their place!  they should be forced to say when it rains, not say ‘the cover will be soft and forgiving’. most punters have no idea what that means! I know they have a business to run, but there are rules every business needs to abide by, and perisher are running outside those rules.

Think my only shred this season might be a sneaky weekend at Perisher. First year without a season pass so I nearly died when I just looked up day tickets..

Seems like having my sister and her fiance send me freedom pass referrals gets me there a tiny bit cheaper than purchasing a 3 day pass online. Is there any other deals I’m missing that I should keep an eye out for (groupon style stuff which I’ve never looked into?)

If I get down there I’d love to shred with all my bw peeps, that’s if I can actually remember how to snowboard gulp