The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2015

h0z - 01 July 2015 11:50 PM
all_good_bro - 30 June 2015 08:31 AM

Perisher was looking a bit sad last weekend, mt perisher and zali were both icy with clumps of soft stuff scraped into piles. Had to aim at the piles to try anything lol.

Here’s an album of gopro snaps from 13-14th June weekend which I felt was much nicer.
Still better than spending the weekend in the city!

Blue Cow weekend

I saw a couple of boards out there with the boardworld sticker on the nose. what did you guys think of the weekend?

Quite possibly myself or my other half!!  (with the boardworld stickers! Haha) I would of had either my BW hoodie or my rainbow tie dye one on! Come say hi some time of you spot them again!

I was there the 12/13/14th and again last weekend (27/28th) and for no natural snow.. The resort/snow making team are doing one hell of a job with quite a few runs open!! I’ve been having fun! And will be back in 2 weeks. For a week - one after school holidays.  rollercoaster has been really fun and towers is pretty good! Not a fan of zalis atm.. Its been really icy, and I stacked pretty hard on my left knee and its all bruised and possibly chipped/fractured my patella.. (get xray results tomorrow) just above the bruise there are a few hard bits that move around.. Kinda off putting…  Hoping its all good as I can walk around alright.. And would like to be riding with everyone when I’m back down!

One was a chick, or a dude with long blonde hair haha. I’ll say hi if I spot the boards again.
oh almost day for day with my season so far, 11th-13th + 27th-28th.

Roller coaster was nice and soft from the traffic but the lines for terminal chair had me stay at Zali for most of the time at Blue Cow, so sketchy, here’s my mate battling the ice and losing.
instagram clip

Towers was good fun, plenty of bumps and jumps, couldn’t bomb down the icy flat towards the bottom of the run so lots of slow scraping which was a bit boring. back in 2 weeks, hopefully the snow gods get sick and start puking soon.

Spewing about the injuries, sorry to hear about the ice getting ya! Was seriously concrete for half the run. hope you have a speedy recovery!

all_good_bro - 02 July 2015 11:12 AM

One was a chick, or a dude with long blonde hair haha. I’ll say hi if I spot the boards again.
oh almost day for day with my season so far, 11th-13th + 27th-28th.

That would be H0z!

I was there with her too but in a uniform. I also don’t have a BW sticker on my ski’s nor helmet!

Haha yep!! Long blonde hair = me!! 

I’m down again from Monday week - for the week! (13-19th) so if your there and spot me again.. Come for a few runs with us or something!  smile

Knee is feeling better. Just hurts where I actually hit it.. And still has moving lumps/bits inside on the top right of my knee cap.. But since I can walk/bend them and jump.. I’ll be on my board again! Go hard or go home right??  shaka

ozgirl - 02 July 2015 11:56 AM
all_good_bro - 02 July 2015 11:12 AM

/snip

That would be H0z!

I was there with her too but in a uniform. I also don’t have a BW sticker on my ski’s nor helmet!

Oh skier, why you no board :o? Uniform? are you a lifty?

h0z - 03 July 2015 10:19 AM

Haha yep!! Long blonde hair = me!! 

I’m down again from Monday week - for the week! (13-19th) so if your there and spot me again.. Come for a few runs with us or something!  smile

Knee is feeling better. Just hurts where I actually hit it.. And still has moving lumps/bits inside on the top right of my knee cap.. But since I can walk/bend them and jump.. I’ll be on my board again! Go hard or go home right??  shaka

oh solid week, I need to start booking my upcoming trips. I’ll tag along for sure, fairly new to boarding so following others helps a lot. Hopefully there’s more generous coverage by then, Perisher got a little dusting yesterday.

That’s good about your knee, I’d be hating life and depressed if I was out for the season due to injury haha.

Vail closed their acquisition today/yesterday of Perisher, anyone sort of know what to expect from it? Reading up they seem really large, hopefully there’s smaller reliance on our snow season alone to turn a profit which means cheaper?

Yeah think of the one job on the mountain the you predominantly see on ski? That’s me (i don’t really say it on her much so think the answer in your head! LOL)

I snowboard on free skiing days. The fab crew around here helped me enjoy it a lot more than i was!

Re Vail/Perisher acquisition I don’t things will get cheaper just a more willingness to throw money Perishers way (than Packer ever did!)

This is a good video to watch.

Awesome! We are happy to show you around/teach you a few things.  ill pm you my facebook if you wana add me. So when your down we can find each other smile shaka

The Man From Snowy River Hotel is looking for a casual chef.

We can supply accommodation.
We can take one male or a couple.

Be working around 30hours a week.
Great crew to work with, on mountain living and above average wages.

If you’re interested or know anyone that might be give me a call or send me a PM or message me on Facebook

Matt Parish
0457 596 607

Hopefully we get some snow this week, going to go up next weekend

Still coming the week after? I just purchased an inflatable queen bed (built in electric pump) if you wanted me to bring that? (its sits fairly high too. So easier to get in/out of!)

h0z - 06 July 2015 12:49 PM

Still coming the week after? I just purchased an inflatable queen bed (built in electric pump) if you wanted me to bring that? (its sits fairly high too. So easier to get in/out of!)

Yep still will be, and the weekend after that too. We have an air mattress and will bring it. Less for you to pack :D

heading up this weekend as well, hopefully enough is open to dodge the crowds!

We are down this weekend - looks like it is going to be a cold one!

Layers will be where it is at.

And hoping for snow to lake levels (freezing levels down to 800m!)

Perisher updated:

School holidays// kids races have brought the lines to out of control. Sunday was actually the quietest day of the last week.
Today we had to contend with getting 500 kids up the mountain to race. The wait in the FV Park T-Bar line exceeded 30 minutes at one point.

However, quietened up as the day went on and then got crazy at 2pm again.

It’s just started snowing on the mountain YIPEE!!

FV has a 40-45ft and 30ft jump now and a solid Large-ish featured park - killing it!

Come say hey to me in you are around, I am always generally in the park! smile

Happy to miss school holidays for the above reason. Won’t be down this weekend but might be sick from work next Thursday/ Friday to take advantage of the snowmageddon fast approaching!

I’ll be down tomorrow for a look. Who’s around?