The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New Zealand 2015

Phedder - 27 April 2015 09:57 PM

You could try Skyline. They have a lot of employees, and are the parent company of plenty of other tourism attractions. I work under them here in Franz Josef 8 months of the year with the Helicopters. Last week’s internal email they had a position for Luge attendants, doesn’t seem to be on the website now. You could also contact The Helicopter Line Queenstown and ask. Honestly just look up places you’d like to work at and get in contact, they don’t have to be advertising for you to enquire. Bar/restaurant jobs are very sort after, work the nights and ride all day, send out as many CVs and cover letters as you can. You don’t have to accept the job if you don’t want to, but it’s best to have options.

Thanks for the info i’ll have a suss now and see what I can find, that company sounds like it would be awesome to work for cheese

New internal vacancies email, just copy pasting the Queenstown section, big wall of text incoming!

SKYLINE QUEENSTOWN, PO BOX 17, QUEENSTOWN

Please email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) to apply

CASUAL FOOD & BEVERAGE ATTENDANTS, FUNCTIONS

We are on the lookout for outgoing, charismatic and well-presented wait staff to join our Functions and Events team on a casual basis.

You need to be flexible with working hours, have a hard work ethic and a passion for delivering a fantastic customer service experience.  This would suit someone who already has a job and looking for some extra hours!

STARGAZING GUIDE
We are looking for a charismatic and adventurous individual with some knowledge of Astronomy to provide our Star Gazing tour guests with an unforgettable experience of our night sky.
You need to be flexible with working hours, and have a hard work ethic and a passion for delivering a fantastic customer service experience. If you are motivated, organised and outgoing with excellent communication and leadership skills we want to hear from you!
Applicants with the ability to speak other languages will be highly considered but not essential, and full training will be provided.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a fantastic team and work in a unique environment!

PART TIME GONDOLA PHOTO SALES SHIFT LEADER
This is a very “hands on” customer and sales focused supervisory role. The successful applicant will be assisting the existing Shift Leader to meet sales targets, staff training and ensuring the productive and efficient operation of the Photo Sales department.
If you are natural leader, have fantastic communication skills and are sales driven we want to hear from you!  A proven ability to lead and develop a team in a sales targeted environment is a must, as well as at least a year of experience in a customer service orientated role.  Previous photography experience is also desirable.
You’ll also need to be flexible and be available to work rostered shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays.

Please email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) to apply for any of the positions.

GONDOLA OPERATOR

We are looking for a guest focused and practical individual to join our Gondola Operations team at Skyline Queenstown. 

The role covers a range of tasks including Gondola operations, freight handling, general cleaning and ticket sales.  Great communication skills and cash handling experience will be required, as well as the ability to work unsupervised.  The role also demands a good level of physical fitness and mechanical aptitude. 

You will also need to be flexible with shifts, and be available to work evenings, weekends and school/public holidays as required.

This role is a great opportunity to be part of a fantastic team and work in a unique environment! 

For more details and to apply please visit http://www.qjumpers.co.nz, keyword Skyline

LUGE OPERATOR

We are looking for a confident and energetic team player to join our awesome Luge operations team.  The role covers a range of tasks, including chair lift operation, photo and ticket sales, and customer instruction.

You’ll need to be motivated and diligent, guest focused with a friendly manner and can-do attitude.  Sales skills are desirable.

This is an outdoors role and demands a high level of physical fitness.  You will also need to be flexible with working shifts, and be available to work evenings, weekends and public holidays as required.

In return we offer full training, competitive rates of pay, great staff benefits including meals, spectacular views and a unique working environment!

Please apply on http://www.qjumpers.co.nz using keyword Skyline

FOOD & BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR
We are seeking an experienced and capable Food and Beverage Supervisor to assist in the effective management of our restaurant and bar, ensuring the highest standards of customer care and quality.

We are looking for someone with a personal commitment to service excellence and outstanding communication skills.  A professional appearance and proven ability to work in and lead a team effectively is essential, as well as great attention to detail and a calm, can-do attitude.

As well as being highly trained in bar service, barista and guest service, an interest in being directly involved with on-the-job training and team development is desirable.

You will need to have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar position of responsibility, and hold a current GM Certificate.  Experience in POS and InTouch systems will be highly considered.

In return we offer competitive rates of pay, staff benefits including meals, spectacular views and a unique working environment!

Just pulled the pin on Hotham at the end of July as I’ve now got a work trip July 20-23 which I’ve been able to extend down to 5 days in Queenstown, July 23-27.

Will most likely spend most of the time at Cardrona and the final 1/2 day at Remarks - purely due to airport proximity, quick blast before the flight home at 4pm.

Who’s going to be around?  Would be good to catch up for beers and a shred.

Won’t be in QT until 12th Aug until 22nd.. but it may be extended…...

Could be a plan.  We are back there 15-23 August, staying in Wanaka, although the final night we will be in Qtown to drink beers and eat burgers. For anybody who is interested, 14th August is Beervana in Wellington - looks like a good day out!

Heading back to Queenstown this year, 25/07 - 3/08, can’t wait! My favourite country to holiday in looks like it’s turning the snow on for us this year so it should be good! Bit of heliski action and maybe a skydive is on the cards too…. Oh yeah shaka

Where does anyone stay in QT? Thinking of heading down there & recommendations are always the best options, cheers

Globe - 29 June 2015 06:00 PM

Where does anyone stay in QT? Thinking of heading down there & recommendations are always the best options, cheers

I usually stay at Heritage Heights. It’s managed by Central Ridge Boutique hotel. It’s not 5 star but they are big, dry, warm 2 and 3 bedroom/2 bathroom town houses with a cracking view over QT from the balcony and cheaper than anything else similar. Plus it’s stumbling distance to the bars billy

View from the balcony:

You can contact the manager, Ailey, on the email below.

Ailey Ong - .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

We’ve been the last two years and stayed at alpine village on Queenstown-frankton rd. They’re self contained apartments and really reasonably priced. Regular bus and ski bus both leave from right out the door.

Also has awesome views of the remarkables and the lake. :p

Last September is stayed at the Scenic Suites (hotel rooms and self contained apartments)

Next door is also Heartland Hotel - which is a bit cheaper but still nice, have stayed there twice.

Right in town and bus is pretty much at the door!

Globe - 29 June 2015 06:00 PM

Copthorne Hotel Resort!!!!!

Easy walk into town via the road at the bottom, buffet breakfast (not the best, but enough to get ya goin), pretty sure there’s a bus stop out the front but I’d hire a car if I was you!!!!!

Hughman666 - 26 June 2015 07:12 PM

Could be a plan.  We are back there 15-23 August, staying in Wanaka, although the final night we will be in Qtown to drink beers and eat burgers. For anybody who is interested, 14th August is Beervana in Wellington - looks like a good day out!

Sounds like a plan!!!
I’ll be in Wanaka from the 16th onwards, with our home mountain most likely to be Cardrona (with a few trips to Treble if the pow pow is good enough.)

Let’s hang out if you can! =D

Extended my stay as I haven’t seen the Mrs since the start of this year @ Whis w/ Jez and the boys (and gals,)  headed to the North Island on the 22nd will be boarding whakapapa until the 30th.

P.S. how is the snow there now? Gotta start thinking about which board to bring… either gonna be the Bataleon Fun.kink or my Rome Agent Rocker (this is most likely.)

Turoa, outstanding today smile

Rode Cardrona today, was nice on the piste, little firm as soon as you stepped off.
Weathers looking shitty tomorrow, a look at Treble Cone is on the cards. Hoping this front delivers Monday / Tuesday and we get the goods.

No goods to be had. Haven’t seen more than a flake or two of snow. The conditions are still pretty good… Put it this way, we would be happy with this at home, but feel a little ripped off being there when it was on here, and here when it was on there.
On the positive side, crowds are pretty low, weather has been good, company great and a very decent holiday package. Totally recommend Te Wanaka Lodge. Great in town location, great rooms, good food, great hosts. We would stay again in a moment. Japanese food is always a bonus and the newly renovated restaurant in town is fabulous. Got to book though.