The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Gabriel Medinas Official Punishment

The WSL has just handed down its punishment for Gabby’s F-bomb that he dropped during a live interview with Peter Mel during the Quik Pro at Snapper Rocks.

As per the WSL Rules and Disciplinary Committee’s decision, Gabriel will be fined. But, he won’t be suspended.

The official announcement is as follows.

The World Surf League (WSL) Rules and Disciplinary Committee has completed its investigation into the Medina/Hall incident from the Quiksilver Pro Gold Coast. Following conversations with both parties involved as well as reviewing broadcast footage, the Rules and Disciplinary Committee has determined that Medina was in violation of the athlete Code of Conduct and has been fined as a result. Medina’s efforts following the incident to amend any public misperceptions about his and Hall’s relationship have been noted and appreciated. We wish all competitors good fortune at the upcoming Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach.

Gabby also appeared on the Morning Show to explain his case and what happened.. In case you missed it.. Medina and Glen made peace and are still good friends

Do you think Medians punishment is fair? Or should there have been a suspension??

See youse at Bells!!

Nah, that’s fine. A suspension would be taking it much too far in my opinion. We wanna see him surf in every event! Haha.

Fair call Walker, however take a look at Jerermy Flores and his little episode at J-Bay when he stormed the judges tower, it was all off camera and he got a BIG slap and a event ban.

I think Samsung will have Gabby in their good grace for a long time to come.

The boy can do no wrong by doing wrong… Haha!

walker - 20 March 2015 06:08 PM

Nah, that’s fine. A suspension would be taking it much too far in my opinion. We wanna see him surf in every event! Haha.

I agree. They had to do something, I guess. A suspension would have been ridiculous though. I’m glad they were reasonable about it. Anyone know what the fine was? Probably a little slap on the wrist—“naughty boy, give us $5000 so we can say we fined you and don’t do it again.”