The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Shred 2015 @ Planet Hotham!!!

TJswish - 19 June 2015 09:30 AM

It’s snowing now! Whoever bribed Mud, thanks!

seems to be some disagreement between weather nerds this morning.  I’ll go with the most optimistic (Jane’s Weather):

Tropical moisture from the Indian Ocean surges down and meets up with a strong front. This should form the trifecta of moisture, instability and cold air, perfect for snow. A centre of low pressure should form and become cut off from the westerly airflow (that wants to move our weather systems through quickly). This is even better for snow, as its slow-moving and can deliver snow for longer.

The slow movement does mean there is time for the atmosphere to warm up a bit, on Monday and Tuesday (but not like we’ve seen recently). This system will be carrying plenty of cold air and plenty of moisture, so the initial rain will quickly change to snow. I’d expect rain to develop late Tuesday, and turn to HEAVY SNOW during Wednesday. Then, front after front should be able to move through, and deliver EVEN MORE SNOW. This has the potential to add up to a big snowfall next week (more than 50cm), but most of it above 1600 metres.

I’ll b there aswell

Azz - 15 June 2015 01:41 PM

Well thats six of us for sure shaka

Lucky you didn’t win an award for counting!

How does you and Tambo, Dark and Blizz, and Mud equal 6?

Looks like I am officially out of this one. =(

I thought I could pull a few things and be in from coming back from QT, but it turns out I’m going to extend my stay and come back from NZ on the 30th instead. Sorry folks!

grunge - 30 June 2015 05:23 PM

Looks like I am officially out of this one. =(

I thought I could pull a few things and be in from coming back from QT, but it turns out I’m going to extend my stay and come back from NZ on the 30th instead. Sorry folks!

downer

I’m at Hotham for a little stay.  I’ve been here since Sunday and while there is pretty much no natural snow left, the snowmaking team has done an amazing job and we’ve had a ball doing Village loops on surprisingly decent snow.  There’s even a tiny rail park set up.  The weather has just closed in this arvo so here’s hoping for some snow.

Here’s a quick run around the Village loop from yesterday.

Thanks Muddy.

How much longer you up for? Next week is looking good with a decent system coming through.

Hey Azz, up all next week leaving Sunday.  The little system from yesterday was actually quite decent.  It snowed from early morning until lunchtime and was quite cold.  It has turned everything white so at least it looks like a snowfield now.  Snow making has been going flat out and it’s perfectly fine to ride on.

Should get a bit more this week but just miss out on the big storm starting Saturday next week and going through to Tuesday. (I get Mondays and Tuesdays off. Whoop Whoop!)

Cold and foggy this arvo with just a few light flurries.  Hopefully we’ll get a few cm overnight.  Weather nerds are all over the end of week system (Saturday onwards).

Mudhoney - 06 July 2015 09:29 PM

Cold and foggy this arvo with just a few light flurries.  Hopefully we’ll get a few cm overnight.  Weather nerds are all over the end of week system (Saturday onwards).

I spose the Weather Nerds have to get one right now and then!!!!!

I hope they’re correct this time!!!!!

So Mizu are you ever going to come to a shred again??

refer to this post - https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/18632 - apparently friends and shredding makes you happy!

Are are you afraid we are gonna break you again!  snake

ozgirl - 10 July 2015 09:08 AM

So Mizu are you ever going to come to a shred again??

refer to this post - https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/18632 - apparently friends and shredding makes you happy!

Are are you afraid we are gonna break you again!  snake

Original plans had us goin to VIC for Olli’s Birthday (Grandson’s 1st Birthday), but now they live back in the Warra, we’re celebrating here!!!!!

He’s an August Baby, so it’s gonna clash with dates around that time from here on in!!!!!

I’m not seein snow till Sept for this year!!!!! But will be with the Grandkids so it’ll be worth the wait!!!!! Then off to Japow next February!!!!!

Lots of talk about a Japow Shred over last few years, but nobody to commit!!!!! I’m off with a few guys that aren’t even on BW!!!!!

So Friends/Family/Shredding are all still very much alive!!!!!

I’m Happy!!!!!

Skiing with little ones is the bomb!

We now have annual family ski day where my family (my nephew being the most important one) come ski with me at Perisher.

It is awesome!

Can’t wait for this year!

I am going to japan with a crew from the darkside (and LMB) I invited a bunch from here but they declined! And well billy got knocked up! LOL

32 days till the shred kids! C’mon get excited!

First time in mexico for us!