The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Vinyl cutting

Hey guys,

Does anyone here know where i can get some vinyl logos cut from vector images i have made?

Pm trentradpants or jez. I’m sure they can help you out.  Jez obviously for the diecut BW stickers.  and Trent did the #nojez ones.  smile

Hope this helps!

Both are OS so they may not be able to help.

Any commercial sticker/vinyl/print workshop would be able to do it.

My bro works in a screen printing place. If you PM me with what you’re looking at (size / intricateness) and how many, I can ask him an approximate cost. He’d probably have to do it out of hours so it may take a little time.

Trent quit his place didn’t he? though he probably still has contacts there. He is PowderPak Gellong now lol.

Jez probably emailed a place and ordered a TON which probably made it a decent deal.

yeah im outta the business now sorry, so youll have to strike me off the possible person to do it list.

But ask any sign shop, they all do it

Cheers for the feedback guys smile

Yeah I have emailed some local graphics places for a quote.

They all fit on an A3 sheet, and arent to detailed, mostly words, some brand logos so i can get them in specific colours that i cant find them in. The most detailed would probably be the dragon logo and its about 3x3”

vinyl cutters work on widths of 610mm or 1220mm so no matter how much you get done, you normally get charged a per meter rate rounded up, so if you only used an a3 sized bit of vinyl, you’d get charged for a whole meter (well thats how we did things) so keep that in mind when setting up your art and quantities

trentradpants - 16 February 2015 11:30 AM

vinyl cutters work on widths of 610mm or 1220mm so no matter how much you get done, you normally get charged a per meter rate rounded up, so if you only used an a3 sized bit of vinyl, you’d get charged for a whole meter (well thats how we did things) so keep that in mind when setting up your art and quantities

That’s fine, can always just get a few extra and share em smile

Be wary of copyright as well when you do these. Some companies may not be cool with you doing it. Still happy to ask my bro if you send me the A3 sheet?

TJswish - 16 February 2015 06:08 PM

Be wary of copyright as well when you do these. Some companies may not be cool with you doing it. Still happy to ask my bro if you send me the A3 sheet?

They usually only kick up a stink if you’re doing it to make profit.

Yeah i can send the designs to you if you want to PM me an email?

brown (dot) tristan297 (at) gmail (dot) com

Email sent, thanks dude.

Bro says yes in his spare time, just pay for materials. Shouldn’t be much smile

I think i need to invest in a small vinyl plotter.
I was going to buy one a while back, but never ended up getting it.

oh Hai oh oh