The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Clothing

air180 - 20 January 2015 04:07 AM

Lu, this one (in the maroon and grey)
http://3csouterwear.com/products/womens-outerwear/brunswick-2/

And also this one (in the light greenish colour)
http://3csouterwear.com/products/womens-outerwear/sentry/

How can anyone choose when they’re both so awesome?!

Also second the sorels. I have the Joan of arctic ones and have been wearing them in France with some pretty deep powder and they stay bone dry. Also wore them in -25℃ in Finland and they still kept my feet warm. Plus they’re super comfy. Would definitely recommend them.

That top one looks way better than the bottom one in my opinion smile

Michelle has the 3CS Cinder jacket and she absolutely loves it.

http://3csouterwear.com/products/womens-outerwear/cinder/

3CS are amaze!

This is what I rock if I MUST wear a jacket - which I avoid at all costs, I hate riding in the park in anything but a facemask and a hoodie!
Black on black on black on blacccccck!

Nike jacket - too bad they are no longer in the bidinesssss….

Spring flinging:

That last photo is trippy! Two heads, one body. LOL

Stellvadore - 20 January 2015 10:46 AM

3CS are amaze!

This is what I rock if I MUST wear a jacket - which I avoid at all costs, I hate riding in the park in anything but a facemask and a hoodie!

Spring flinging:

Pretty much one of my sons boarding attire.
Prefers a hoody, if it must be a jacket it must be black, ski pants must be black and super skinny.
Come to think of it….that’s his every day attire also.
LOL

LMB - 20 January 2015 11:43 AM
Stellvadore - 20 January 2015 10:46 AM

3CS are amaze!

Spring flinging:

Pretty much one of my sons boarding attire.
Prefers a hoody, if it must be a jacket it must be black, ski pants must be black and super skinny.
Come to think of it….that’s his every day attire also.
LOL

Yeah I dress like a teenage boy when in snow gear! Tallest of everything general Ninja status.. When I have my kit on people assume I am a guy with epically long hair.. Hahah
I don’t complain, boys have better style generally! wink

I just got myself this which now completes my goretex set:

In the color that fits the green jacket and my other jackets colors. (Was looking at the yellow [ak] swash pants which was on sale at Summit, but it fitted a little too snug for my large thighs so umm and ahhed until it was bought my someone else.)

Good thing too, as this is a darker color and I like the material. (Material is really important to me, I prefer a more cloth material with a weave in it. Pity I have to wait 6 months before I can even try to use it. (Unless you know what happens.)

The best part is that I got the g/f’s approval as it was sold cost price and it’s this season’s. Yaaaay bargain!

P.S. Manufacturers need to put more magnet jacket buttons, like the ones on @Lu’s Oakley Jacket. =D

I don’t complain, boys have better style generally! wink

big surprise I hope that wink face means you’re being sarcastic, Stellvadore!

Women have such a nicer, flowy style. So much less hucking.

Also, why all the jacket hate? I love outerwear, ergo: jackets. I have 8 here and another 3 back in Aus. I’ll never give up my gear addiction and if it was sane, I’d live in my outerwear. Hoodies you can wear anytime of year. Outerwear clearly says, “I’m participating in some kind of snow sport activity”, which is awesome, IMO.

I just love the styles, cuts, different fabrics and different techs of them all. So much variety and a hoody is really just a hoody.

Outerwear4lyfe!

^ Agree that gurls have more options tho’.

Boys style is pretty standard with less color options.

Wait a sec. I thought the reference to style was about riding style, not clothing style.

If I misunderstood, I would like to humbly retract my previous comment and apologize.

But in reference to clothing style, I agree Andy - women do have more fit options in general, as well as colours/prints. That said, I guess it depends on your size and what you’re looking for. At 5’2, I don’t have much of a choice but to buy womens gear.

Women don’t have more options in snow gear in my opinion. They get a few options, and then the option to wear guys gear or super short stuff that only looks good while modelling next to a car…

“Try putting your bindings on in most women’s jackets without showing your ass” is what I commonly hear about women’s snow gear.

And I think a lot of companies are hearing this, loud and clear TJswish.

All of my jackets except one, easily cover my butt. The ones I linked to earlier, are also good examples of this.

I guess these things all come down to preference and style. What works for some people, doesn’t necessarily work for others!

Yeah but 3CS don’t count… They are RAD and know what people want.

Still the most comfy jacket I ever owned and they gave it to me free in a facebook contest. I will be buying more of their stuff.

I didn’t post the 3CS stuff, I posted some Volcom jackets. If anything, I would even say the women’s 3CS jackets still aren’t quite long enough! Hahaha

Haha fair enough. I have a Volcom Jacket too and it’s 20/20 and pretty good!