The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Clothing

TJswish - 19 January 2015 04:37 PM

Yuki threads are really good quality but they can be quite plain.

I Ride Sideways make some pretty neat stuff if you’re looking for tall tees.

Fyve stuff is always Rad

and Rad gloves do a sick hoodie here:
http://shop.radicalgloves.com/collections/all/products/pullover-shred-hoodie

I got the Green one raspberry

Those hoodies are sweet, I reckon I’ll get a blue one if they are still in stock.

^ haha yeah.. I got the g/f this in the grey/green for her when I popped up to Whistler, and I have 2 shirts and a hoodie myself.

I like their style.

Plus I agree with Lu re:Yuki threads. They’re pretty plain to me.
But that’s just me and I’m very particular with design stuff tho’, from baws swag to the cheapies I don’t give a #@% as long as it looks good and fits the design elements I like.

Can’t really say much else, lol.

lulu_in_canada - 19 January 2015 04:56 PM

Asking me what my get up is, is like asking how long is a piece of string…

I’m not good at ‘fashion’ or trends and for the most part find the fashion industry fickle and frustrating. But, that’s a conversation for another day wink But, that being said, if someone was wearing something like that, I’d have absolutely no clue how to tell it apart from say, a cheapo tshirt from kmart or Lowes. That again, goes back to my previous point about my interest/knowledge of fashion.

One of my friends owns shoes that cost $1200. They’re pretty bangin’ heels, don’t get me wrong - but I wouldn’t be able to pick them apart from a $100 pair from a chain store. I’m not saying that it’s a bad thing to be into fashion as an individual, more that it’s just not that important to everyone.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaall that said, those thoughts don’t extend to outerwear. I could talk about (and shop for) outerwear for daaaaayyyyyyys. I don’t have enough space to keep it all, right now.

I feel like I have found a kindred spirit. Regular fashion holds zero interest for me. But I have been eying off some rather awesome 3cs outerwear that I totally don’t need but I must have!

grunge - 19 January 2015 07:34 PM

^ haha yeah.. I got the g/f this in the grey/green for her when I popped up to Whistler, and I have 2 shirts and a hoodie myself.

I like their style.

Plus I agree with Lu re:Yuki threads. They’re pretty plain to me.
But that’s just me and I’m very particular with design stuff tho’, from baws swag to the cheapies I don’t give a #@% as long as it looks good and fits the design elements I like.

Can’t really say much else, lol.

I’m going to get the one in the link they are sweet, yeah I agree they are a bit plain and I more like things that IRS has I feel i’m going to spend a bit of money on that site before the season haha. Lucky it’s still a fair way away gives me time to stock up on all this awesome clothing.
Also might be a dumb question: But boarding in tall hoodies good or bad, do they get too wet etc?

^ They get wet.

I’ve never boarded in a tall tee, or even in a spring hoodie. (I have a sessions spring hoodie with built in mittens.)

But then again I’ve never boarded in typical spring conditions, even when I’m boarding in spring.

Was in Whistler April for the spring season, got the spring pass and there was powder. lols

air180 - 19 January 2015 07:34 PM

I’m not good at ‘fashion’ or trends and for the most part find the fashion industry fickle and frustrating. But, that’s a conversation for another day wink But, that being said, if someone was wearing something like that, I’d have absolutely no clue how to tell it apart from say, a cheapo tshirt from kmart or Lowes. That again, goes back to my previous point about my interest/knowledge of fashion.

One of my friends owns shoes that cost $1200. They’re pretty bangin’ heels, don’t get me wrong - but I wouldn’t be able to pick them apart from a $100 pair from a chain store. I’m not saying that it’s a bad thing to be into fashion as an individual, more that it’s just not that important to everyone.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaall that said, those thoughts don’t extend to outerwear. I could talk about (and shop for) outerwear for daaaaayyyyyyys. I don’t have enough space to keep it all, right now.

I feel like I have found a kindred spirit. Regular fashion holds zero interest for me. But I have been eying off some rather awesome 3cs outerwear that I totally don’t need but I must have!

That’s because 3CS stuff is super dope!

grunge - 19 January 2015 08:48 PM

^ They get wet.

I’ve never boarded in a tall tee, or even in a spring hoodie.

Then how do you know?  hmmm

leasha101 - 19 January 2015 07:54 PM

Also might be a dumb question: But boarding in tall hoodies good or bad, do they get too wet etc?

but Seriously, Leasha - if you wear something fibrous and build up heat, if you sit on it the snow sticks, melts, and it gets wet. I wear a long hoodie in spring, try not too sit on it when I strap in (cause I’m too old and lazy to lock in standing) and It never ends up too wet.  Wear it while riding in decent amount of snow and stack lots, like me when I should have quit 2 runs ago - well probably screwed, just do that at the end of the day haha wink

SnowDragon - 19 January 2015 09:02 PM

^ They get wet.

but Seriously, Leasha - if you wear something fibrous and build up heat, if you sit on it the snow sticks, melts, and it gets wet. I wear a long hoodie in spring, try not too sit on it when I strap in (cause I’m too old and lazy to lock in standing) and It never ends up too wet.  Wear it while riding in decent amount of snow and stack lots, like me when I should have quit 2 runs ago - well probably screwed, just do that at the end of the day haha wink

Haha yeah I thought that might be the case with them. They just look super awesome and I need to get some. Will be sweet to wear around the village etc.

I love this clothing thread!

Now another question: recommendations for branding of boots and pants? Plus what footwear other then boarding boots is good to wear around the village out and about?

Boots, go to a store and try on like 20 pairs. When you feel like you’ve tried them all, try 3 more… Then buy the most comfy one.

Pants, anything 10k/10k or over will suffice. Get something that looks good and functions good too. I love DC pants. Always out perform their ratings and are very nicely priced.

Personally go with bright pants and dark top if thats your jib. or black pants so you dont need to wear the crappy work ones lol.

air180 - 19 January 2015 07:34 PM

Which 3CS stuff? I have recently gotten into Pinterest actually, so I’ve been ‘pinning’ away at a snowboarding related board which is kinda fun. I find my style has really evolved over the last couple of seasons and so now I really know what I like, I guess!

Feel free to not talk to me about fashion, anytime though, Air180! wink

leasha101 - 19 January 2015 09:54 PM
SnowDragon - 19 January 2015 09:02 PM

^ They get wet.

Haha yeah I thought that might be the case with them. They just look super awesome and I need to get some. Will be sweet to wear around the village etc.

I love this clothing thread!

Now another question: recommendations for branding of boots and pants? Plus what footwear other then boarding boots is good to wear around the village out and about?

So, Leasha to be blunt - yes. Yes you’re going to get wet and depending on you as a person, you might also feel very cold. Especially if you are a beginner/newish and tend to fall a lot and sit down whilst strapping in. My .02c worth? Tall hoodies and streetwear are generally designed for just that - street wear. They’re definitely comfortable and wearable for riding, but I’d say there are better options, as you are starting out. At my level, I definitely wear flannies and vests etc. whilst riding, but I might fall down say, 5-6 times a day (usually spent in the park if I’m wearing that kinda stuff) and I stand up to strap in, 99% of the time. In fact, I avoid sitting down like the plague.

You should consider something like this - still light and very breathable. It’s long, so it’s nice and comfortable and as a soft shell, it has an ok level of waterproofability…(is that a word?). I have one myself and I love it! http://www.amazon.com/Betty-Rides-Womens-Softshell-Hoodie/dp/B00BZPXFJ2

In terms of snowboard boots, no one here can tell you which ones will fit your feet. People might have opinions on lacing systems, boot brand last, warranty feedback, etc. However - only you can determine which boot is a good boot. I’m now riding in Nitro boots, which I wouldn’t have even thought of/considered, but they were hands down the best boot for my foot, had a great lacing system and response/stiffness I was looking for. Like TJswish mentioned above - go and try on every single boot you can get your feet into and then buy the ones that fit you. If you have a budget you want to stick to, the boots are THE #1 thing to not skimp on. Boot fit can easily make or break your day/weekend, or even worse.

Outerwear-wise, it really depends on your style, but there are now endless brands and options for women out there, that you’ll be spoiled for choice. Functionality speaking, I also agree with TJswish that you want something with about 10k/10k waterproof/breathability factor and that should comfortably see you through Aus and NZ conditions. If you’re expecting to ride during much more adverse and colder conditions/climates, then consider outerwear that has some insulation in it. Doesn’t have to be a full on ‘puffy’ jacket, but that extra insulation definitely helps during super cold and windy days, and climates.

I think there was a topic around here recently about après footwear. Back home, I normally just wore some casual boots or skate shoes, but now living in Whistler, there is more snow around, I’ve purchased myself some Sorel’s. Those and Hunter boots seem to be all the rage for women here in Whistler, and I wear my Sorel’s all the time. They are super comfy, warm and very functional!

I hope that helps somewhat :-D

Lu, this one (in the maroon and grey)
http://3csouterwear.com/products/womens-outerwear/brunswick-2/

And also this one (in the light greenish colour)
http://3csouterwear.com/products/womens-outerwear/sentry/

How can anyone choose when they’re both so awesome?!

Also second the sorels. I have the Joan of arctic ones and have been wearing them in France with some pretty deep powder and they stay bone dry. Also wore them in -25℃ in Finland and they still kept my feet warm. Plus they’re super comfy. Would definitely recommend them.

Those are rad! I find now, I like jackets which have extra length to them. I think Volcom is now producing some pretty awesome womens outerwear, actually. Some of my faves are:

And even this one!  cheese

Totally agree re: long jackets. And may I say I like your style!

I’ve got a foursquare easel jacket. Same length as the ones above. So much better for leaning over to do up bindings!