The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

- NISEKO 2014/15 -

This thread makes me quiver!!

Ha!!! Quiver!!!
I see what you did there!
shred  ollie  shred

LMB - 30 October 2014 03:03 PM

Ha!!! Quiver!!!
I see what you did there!
shred  ollie  shred

Yeah I am ALL over it today!!

Cannot wait for my knee to be fixed and to get into it! POW POIW POW POW

Stellvadore - 30 October 2014 02:32 PM

Makes ya go weak at the knees?????

Mizu Kuma - 30 October 2014 03:34 PM
Stellvadore - 30 October 2014 02:32 PM

Makes ya go weak at the knees?????

Safe to say YES… Haahha then I moved my stance in.

Heeellpp meee haha

Im planning a trip to Niseko in Feb!

Best to fly with
Fly straight to Sapporro or Tokyo then head north!?
How much cash will need?  Planning on going for around a month (minus flight prices)
Whats accom prices like?
Anyone got a couch/bed I can rent for a few weeks?  haha

mattyp - 04 November 2014 08:40 PM

Heeellpp meee haha

Best to fly with
How much cash will need?  Planning on going for around a month (minus flight prices)
Whats accom prices like?

You’ll fly into Tokyo, then onward to Sapporo (Chitose actually), then bus it up from there!!!!!

You can fly into other Asian countries, then onto Chitose from there, and while they might be a little cheaper, the transit times will suck balls!!!!!

Just pump a few dates into Trip Advisor Flights, and there’ll be tons of options!!!!!

You might find accomodation harder to find the longer you leave it, but try Owashi Lodge as it’ll probably fit your bill nicely!!!!! (If Ya after quieter areas, then look around Annupuri!!!!! But, it will be super quiet!!!!!)

As far as budget goes, just depends on how much money ya have, and how much ya wanna spend????? It’s like askin how much a house costs to buy!!!!!

As far cash for drinks and food go, all depends on if ya wanna party and eat out, or ya prepared to shop at the supermarket a bit????? Despite what people say, you can get cheap food and drink while ya in Niseko!!!!!

Agree with all of the above.

Owashi is excellent for that style of travel….can not get a better location really!  And the people are awesome.

You can go cheap or expensive.  How long is a piece of string.
Argentinian boy on a course with my son a few yrs back (staying at Owashi) had his first meat meal in WEEKS when we shouted them dinner.  He was living off rice cooked at the lodge, flavoured up with soy sauce.

Flights.  Depends where you are coming in from, how late you you’ve left to book it etc.
If you are not flying direct to Tokyo on the first flight then you may as well try and get a flight from your stop over into Sapporo - cut out one extra flight.  From Perth we have no direct into Tokyo option so it makes it a fairly easy choice to book a one stop Perth - wherever/usually HK - Sapporo and bypass Tokyo altogether.

Yeah, WA is definitely a different world when it comes to flights hey!!!!! Definitely do a few nights in Tokyo though, Matty!!!!!

And that rice story reminds me of when my eldest daughter was Workin down Thredbo, one of the staff used to take an iceberg lettuce up the mountain in order to save money!!!!! He used to stuff it in his jacket and break off chunks every now and then!!!!! LOL Kids!!!!!

Heeellpp meee haha

Best to fly with
Whats accom prices like?

Hey mattyp!

^^ What they said… where are you flying from? I’m from Melbourne so we usually go to Sydney, then Tokyo, then Sapporo. Wish they did direct to Tokyo from Melbourne but for some reason we can never get it. We usually fly JAL…

Cash? Depends if you’re like me! billy

Nah, I usually don’t spend that much, as my lift tix etc are already paid for. Breakfast is included in our accom too… usually spend around 1000 -1200 yen for lunch and then dinner can be anywhere from that to around 3000+Yen? Plus drinks?! No idea really, it all depends. All I know is that I usually allow for around $100 AUD a day and usually come home with more than half…. so you can do the math!

I’d definitely stay in Hirafu…. you’ll be bored in Annupuri!

BTW - Hahaha… good luck with that couch!

By the way….. I’m procrastinating reports, so….

52 days to go!!

Weeeeeeeeeeee!

Sent a quote out to Statravel, they found me flights for about $1200 return thru Cathay Pacific.
Fly in on the 31st Jan leave 3rd March.  Melb - Hong Kong - Sapporro.  - 14hr layover..  Be good to check out Hong Kong, so not too devo about it.
Return is Tokyo - Hong Kong - Melb 5hr layover.

Really, my plans is to do Niseko for 3weeks then head down thru Japan and check it out, hit Hakuba a few days or a week.
Have mates in Niseko and Hakuba, so thought I might as well do both. hahaha.  Greeeddy.  All depends on cash really.

As for spending.  Im a big spender.. haha Im a chef, so super keen to check out their food. Want to experience Japan I guess. 
$100 a day isnt bad tho?!  I was expecting to take over 10k for a month after paying for flights?

Lift tickets prices? Just checked out http://www.niseko.ne.jp/en/lift/ and its saying 4800yen, being around $50? a day?

Wheres good to stay?!  and what should I be paying for accom?  Backpackers?  Can do it cheap, just need good sleep for the fresh stuff when it hits!  Or are lodges fairly priced there?
Im also travelling alone!  haha first OS trip!  Yeewwww

Iv also been looking at this camp Twelve are running.
http://www.twelveboardstore.com.au/news/niseko-backcountry-tour-go-snowboarding-in-japan
Thoughts?  Iv got a guy calling me about it for prices and what not as I’ll already be over there.
Or should I just look for something similar while im there?

If you’re a chef you might want to check out Kamimura
http://www.kamimura-niseko.com/en/

It’s exxy but it is worth a visit.
Food is divine.
Chef Kamimura is LOVELY! 
But it’s hard to get a booking at that time of year.  You need to book soon if you want to get in Dec/early Jan.
Reminds me - my 25th Wedding Anniversary on 30/12 - NEED TO BOOK!

Other than that I love checking out the food at the supermarket in Kutchan.  King crab and other seafood you don’t see often here especially.

LMB - 05 November 2014 11:19 PM

If you’re a chef you might want to check out Kamimura
http://www.kamimura-niseko.com/en/

It’s exxy but it is worth a visit.
Food is divine.
Chef Kamimura is LOVELY! 
But it’s hard to get a booking at that time of year.  You need to book soon if you want to get in Dec/early Jan.
Reminds me - my 25th Wedding Anniversary on 30/12 - NEED TO BOOK!

Other than that I love checking out the food at the supermarket in Kutchan.  King crab and other seafood you don’t see often here especially.

Cheers man. Might look into it!
Im happy to spend $$ on food, especially if im eating out.
But thats the other thought, supermarkets are going to have completely different foods there!

Billy - 05 November 2014 09:18 PM

Heeellpp meee haha

Best to fly with
Whats accom prices like?

Hey mattyp!

^^ What they said… where are you flying from? I’m from Melbourne so we usually go to Sydney, then Tokyo, then Sapporo. Wish they did direct to Tokyo from Melbourne but for some reason we can never get it. We usually fly JAL…

Cash? Depends if you’re like me! billy

Nah, I usually don’t spend that much, as my lift tix etc are already paid for. Breakfast is included in our accom too… usually spend around 1000 -1200 yen for lunch and then dinner can be anywhere from that to around 3000+Yen? Plus drinks?! No idea really, it all depends. All I know is that I usually allow for around $100 AUD a day and usually come home with more than half…. so you can do the math!

I’d definitely stay in Hirafu…. you’ll be bored in Annupuri!

BTW - Hahaha… good luck with that couch!

Pretty sure JetStar do direct flights on their new Dreamliners!!!!!

Pretty good prices too!!!!!