The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Nike Snowboarding is Shutting Down — CONFIRMED (AUS/NZ)

Actually yeah they would be worth putting on your wall for a while. Then sell it to a collector.

grunge - 11 November 2014 09:36 AM

Andy I agree with you there.

For me I know it’s because of the obvious disconnect b/t the ppl hired for Nike Snowboarding and Nike Global.

Like Halldor said they have a good core team and it shows when it was release, but it seemed as if their hands were always tied up by the big(ger) wigs.

In any case, for those of you living in Melbourne, the DFO docklands Nike discount store has the Lunarendor LED QS for $300. Bargain if you want to resell. LOL.

This happens a lot, unfortunately — even here in Australia.

There are a lot of good people who work for some of the bigger brands; guys with a lot of knowledge, experience, and good ideas for growing the brand and supporting the scene. Often, these initiatives are squashed by the powers that be. It’s unfortunate and at times frustrating that those in true power of some brands don’t give two shits about the sports/lifestyles they represent or the grassroots initiatives that support them.

^ Totally.

It’s harsh but the reality is that the larger the company, the more decisions are made from short term number crunching.

Very telling when Halldor said not to let them back in a 4th time.

In light of this, I definitely think Adidas is next.

Wanted to get a pair of those led boots so went to dfo to check them out, largest they had was 10.5 :( I need atleast an 11. No fancy light up feet for me

^ Were there quite a few left?

I’m thinking of getting a 10 or 9.5…....
You’re an 11 even after it packs in? WOAH.

grunge - 12 November 2014 10:32 AM

^ Were there quite a few left?

I’m thinking of getting a 10 or 9.5…....
You’re an 11 even after it packs in? WOAH.

Yeah atleast an 11 after it packs out, you know what they say, big feet big…................trouble finding nike boots with LED’s for cheap at dfo.

There were still a few there but i didnt really take notice of sizes other than what i was looking for.

I find that the Nikes pack in fast and quick, and alot more than other boots, which I thought the purpose wasn’t to do that.
I had 10.5’s in my DK/Kaiju, I’ve just gotten a 9.5 DK for Whistler, but even I’m not confident on it packing well enough for my foot that I’m taking my K2 maysis there too….

hmmmm, has any other previous nike wearers found this packing thing as well??? if i could squeeze into a 10.5 and they’d pack in as you say, i might just get them smile

I’d say you definitely can fit into a 10.5, it’ll be tight for a few days then it just totally loosens.
Also the below link might help… I mean.. if you get it for cheaper why not right you can resell it.

http://imgur.com/T6boADX

I’d say you definitely can fit into a 10.5, it’ll be tight for a few days then it just totally loosens.
Also the below link might help… I mean.. if you get it for cheaper why not right you can resell it.

http://imgur.com/T6boADX

I didnt notice much packing in after the week or so i have ridden on my DK zooms. But that may change after a few weeks more riding on them here in Whis.

I found the packing in seems normal for about 1 and a bit weeks… and then, BOOM!!!
Loosey goosey. =(

This is at about the 15-20 day mark (in a row.)