The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Nike Snowboarding is Shutting Down — CONFIRMED (AUS/NZ)

Mizu Kuma - 20 September 2014 04:49 PM

Well that’s the very type of “service” that pisses me off!!!!!

It’s all too prevalent in today’s world, and I just wished that people really gave companies like this a wake up call, and stop buyin their products!!!!!

Who gives a fuck if you’ve bought their product in another country????? The CEO of Nike will still get his cut of the profit that is made off the brand!!!!! They should show some fuckin respect to the people that pay their wages!!!!!

Any of you guys and gals that have traveled to Japan would’ve noticed that the businesses and their customer support is on par with none!!!!!

This is because not only a bad reputation in customer service is a sign of disgrace to your company and it’s name, it’s also a death knoll, as people WILL take their custom elsewhere!!!!!

I for one, am truly pissed of with companies that are happy to take your cash yet couldn’t give two shits about you after you’ve supported them!!!!!

Nike = scumbags that is all i can say .... once this nike boots wear out i am trying something else.

and the worst thing about this i even purchased this boots here is AU shop….

^ damn dude, was it still in warranty period?

Get it swapped asap or get a credit.
Sell it off.
Get a pair of 32/Burton/Ride/K2

EDIT: Get a credit in store (not sure if applies here, but apparently nike does this in the US, they credit the account for the amount warrantied, but if they’re finishing out on stocks, well it should work well I guess,) transfer store credit to another similar boot.

^^^^^ Yep!!!!!

Get ya money back!!!!!

Buy another brand off the same store!!!!!

This is such bs, nike snowboarding was crushing it, I liked so much of their gear! Expecially boots wise, ive seen so many people make the switch (even beyond BW).. Even their outerwear, they have such a sick cut of pant.. Ahhh, I’m so lost as to why they are bailing!

Obviously im cut up but hopefully can get my hands on a size 9 kaiju before it all ends haha. Best boots ive ever ridden. Wish they had stayed in the game disappointed  thumbsdown

Mizu Kuma - 20 September 2014 09:41 PM

^^^^^ Yep!!!!!

Get ya money back!!!!!

Buy another brand off the same store!!!!!

eh i really cant be fucked mizu and to be honest with you, you know how much issues i had with boots i wouldn’t even know where to start looking…..

Yeah, I forgot about the drama ya went through findin a good fittin boot!!!!!

But I reckon there’s definitely a few options out there that’ll do what the Nike’s did for ya!!!!!

You need to get down to Jindy around season opening and visit all the stores down there!!!!!

Ohhh, and when ya find them, you can take the Nike’s down by the lake, and set the fuckers on fire!!!!!

Not sure how i feel about this as after recently getting my hands on a pair of Nike Kaiju boots.

They do make a quality boot i must say, however throwing a massive company into such a small pond, we could of guessed it was never gonna work out. Snowboarding just isnt the big money spinner Nike thought it was going to be, even with a star studded shred team.

Time to support local core brands.

I agree with evrerything everyone has said so far.

I too am pretty disapointed. I Was considering going to get some Nike boots and some Nike outerwear for my next lot of gear. WIll not be doing that now. Not even with the stuff that is already in stores.

It annoys me that they are a company that has so much money and pull out for money.
I was pretty stoked to see what they were doing in snowboarding. Mainly because what they have done in skateboarding. They make the best shoes. Regarless of if they are a core brand or not, they have probably more money and experience in footware making than any other company. As far as i see it they would have the put the most science and design into their product. So i was excited for their stuff. and everyone always had super good reviews.

Why could they not just have kept doing what they were doing regarless of being a big money maker or not? help raise the standard of the industry at least.
It shits me because they have come in, taken sales away from smaller companies (and potentially hurt them) and then just pissed off.

And what about the team riders? Yeh they are all awesome and will be able to pick up other sponsors quickly but still its a complete fuck around..
In the meantime they could have been elsewhere boosting up the profile of a more deserving company.
The big named riders will get picked easily, but what about the up n comers? They will be left in a shit spot trying to fight their way in somewhere else.

Just shity really.

Makes me not even want to buy their skate products

Corporate greed, tis what makes the world go round.

Lucky for us, we can control it if we choose.

Mizu i think what works for my foot is the part i circled in red that material is like wetsuit and soft.

every other boot is fully leather covered my ankle is fucked and every other boot irritates it

i cant really explain but that is the only thinkg that helps me.

Lanox, then maybe you want a boot with an articulated cuff?

I know they have the neoprene with the nikes so it feels “softer” without losing the aggression.

Something like this has an articulated cuff, a k2 maysis.. but probably doesn’t have the stretch you’re looking for:
http://en.k2snowboarding.com/boots/maysis?color=whiskey

Or, have a look at the 32 Prime it seems to have neoprene where it should have articulation:
http://thirtytwo.com/boots/prime-8/grey/

grunge that 32 prime looks like its a go, is that same material as in nike kaiju around that area

i might look in to it… thanks for that

I have such a internal conflict with Nike. They make the best wearing and steezey products.

But don’t seem to contribute to the sports like you would expect with such a gnarly budget… They have lifted the style face of snowboarding and now abandoned it. Upsetting, not to mention morally how torn I am by their manufacturing.

Truth is I absolutely fan girl over their designs, this is going to suck!

Azz - 21 September 2014 08:33 PM

Corporate greed, tis what makes the world go round.

Lucky for us, we can control it if we choose.

Where’s that Like Button!!!!!