The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Quick Q: Which board to bring? =) 

So I head off to QT in 3 days, and need to pack tonight and I’m a BAD packer.
But that’s a story for another day.

Long story short, I can pack one snowboard and I love all my board equally, (well not really, you’ll see)
I noticed that pow have started dumping there and I’m excited!

I was originally gonna bring my Rome Agent Rocker 2011, but I feel my Bataleon works better in pow with the camber.
Yes, I know they’re both park oriented boards, and the way I’m going with my progression I’m looking more at freeriding.
Both are 157cm.
The last option is my first board, which is an Endeavor Roots 154, plain camber, but I think it’s too short and soft for me trying to clock up speed.

What do you guys think? Cheers for any opinions! I’m such a fusspot when it comes to making choices! lol.

grunge - 10 August 2014 09:50 AM

So I head off to QT in 3 days, and need to pack tonight and I’m a BAD packer.
But that’s a story for another day.

Long story short, I can pack one snowboard and I love all my board equally, (well not really, you’ll see)
I noticed that pow have started dumping there and I’m excited!

I was originally gonna bring my Rome Agent Rocker 2011, but I feel my Bataleon works better in pow with the camber.
Yes, I know they’re both park oriented boards, and the way I’m going with my progression I’m looking more at freeriding.
Both are 157cm.
The last option is my first board, which is an Endeavor Roots 154, plain camber, but I think it’s too short and soft for me trying to clock up speed.

What do you guys think? Cheers for any opinions! I’m such a fusspot when it comes to making choices! lol.

if you were going a few weeks ago I’d be tempted by the 154 Camber…they had the rockiest start to the season.
But “INCOMING!” I’d take the board you love to ride in the fresh stuff - if it were me making the choice…the Bataleon.

Rocker usually works better in Pow, but if you feel that the Bataleon does I’d go with it!!!!!

Plus if it gets a little on the hard side, the camber is a better option hands down!!!!!

I agree with leavin the 154 last!!!!!

Hahah forgot to mention that the Bataleon is a fun.kink “rocker” edition. LOL.

But the TBT *SLAYS* it in pow, altho’ it does need more frequent waxing due to the 3D camber and can seem slower certain conditions.
That being said, I’d like a cambered more mellower TBT style board, which is why I’m looking at getting a Jones aviator.

Anyways, I’m looking at bringing the Agent rocker. Can’t wait…. plus I just booked my flights for Whistler for 1 month in Dec to see the Mrs. w00t!!!

Agent Rocker it is!!!!! shaka

Or hang the expense and treat yaself to the new Aviator!!!!!

I give you permission to spoil yaself!!!!! LOL

Mizu Kuma - 10 August 2014 12:39 PM

Agent Rocker it is!!!!! shaka

Or hang the expense and treat yaself to the new Aviator!!!!!

I give you permission to spoil yaself!!!!! LOL

bad influence.  Man after my own heart! wink

But but but… what about Whistler in Dec? Hmm…. USE IT FOR WHISTLER did you say? ..... ...... ......

Well, if you must!!!!!

My pick would be the Rome Agent Rocker—that board slays everything! cool grin

grunge - 10 August 2014 03:04 PM

But but but… what about Whistler in Dec? Hmm…. USE IT FOR WHISTLER did you say? ..... ...... ......

Yes, that’s exactly what we’re saying! LOL

Looks like my choice is valid… i just finished waxing the board and am packing as we speak… omg 1.5m in Treble cone basin… I can’t WAAAAIT!

I also treated myself to a new aviator.

The mrs saw that of facespace, and now I’m in trouble.

Hahahahaha LOL

Don’t you know it Jez.

But man I can’t wait to use it in Whistler… I’m STOKED!!!!

grunge - 12 August 2014 08:57 AM

I also treated myself to a new aviator.

The mrs saw that of facespace, and now I’m in trouble.

Just blame Jeremy!!!!!

It always works for me!!!!!

Hahah yeah I will.. lol..

Anyways, been about a week in NZ, no pow but bluebirds, so far so good… except I injured myself in Coronet Peak charging through some dust on crust… my left buttok has a big bruise on it. lol.
I’ve got until Friday and planing to go Cardrona today, then maybe either cardrona or Treble in the next couple of days…
So far enjoying my stay at a B&B in Wanaka, but I preferred being closer to a larger town like QT.

I have to say tho’. The new lifts at the remarks is quite nice!
And they’ve sealed about 1/3 of the road up!
Looks like it’ll end up being like Coronet, especially when they redo the main building (Same design as C.P.)