The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Daybreak Sunglasses Indiegogo Campaign

Josh @ Daybreak - 05 August 2014 01:49 PM

We’re also on Instagram

http://www.instagram.com/thedaybreakco

shaka

Awesome idea and definitely keen!

Just had a check out of the crowdfunding page..

Just a question - what is the difference between the $40 option and the $45 option?
I couldn’t see any difference but maybe I missed something?

cords - 06 August 2014 04:37 AM

Just had a check out of the crowdfunding page..

Just a question - what is the difference between the $40 option and the $45 option?
I couldn’t see any difference but maybe I missed something?

$40 early bird special. Once they run out, they go up to the regular price of $45.

Hey @cords

@tjswish is on the money, both perks are for 1 pair of Daybreaks.  The only difference between the $40 and $45 is that the $40 are an Early Bird special price. These are limited to the first 50 people who buy this perk and once they’re gone, the price for one pair is $45.

Also, the more pairs you buy the cheaper each pair becomes, so if pledge the 2 Pairs Perk, you get a better rate for each pair. And if you pledge the 3 Pair Perk, you get an even greater discount etc etc

Hope that helps grin

yep. that helps a lot, thanks!

No problem.

Our sunglasses are designed to handle the tough stuff, which is why we focused so heavily on the quality of our materials.  They’re designed to be worn by people living an active outdoor lifestyle but still want a kick ass quality pair of sunglasses that dont break the bank.

Great idea though I have never fit into a pair of one size fits all sunnies as I have a fat head. Fat round and ugggggggggggggggly! So that is the one thing holding me back

CRACKERS - 07 August 2014 04:42 PM

Great idea though I have never fit into a pair of one size fits all sunnies as I have a fat head. Fat round and ugggggggggggggggly! So that is the one thing holding me back

Yeah, my skull suffers from the same affliction too!!!!!

That’s why the couple pairs I’ve booked will be headed out as Xmas pressies!!!!!

Hey @crackers thanks for the post.

I actually did a lot of research into head sizing to make sure Daybreak’s sizing would fit and look good on almost everyone. I don’t want to bore you with all the details about head circumferences and bridge measurements between the eyes but Daybreaks have been sized to look good on just about anyone.

The lightweight and flexible memory material we use ( and is featured in the video) means that Daybreaks will fit comfortably on everyone as the frame will flex and bend to their individual head size.  If you want to know our full frame measurements they are: Width - 144mm,  Height - 49mm,  Arm - 135mm.

@mizu kuma - you may end up keeping a pair for yourself once you try them on grin

If you have any more product questions please hit me up and i’ll do my best to answer them.

I actually have the same problem :-(

Women’s sunglasses press against the side of my head and give me headaches.

Josh @ Daybreak - 08 August 2014 10:02 AM

@mizu kuma - you may end up keeping a pair for yourself once you try them on grin

Hahahaha have you seen the Devon Head raspberry

What if you have one ear slightly higher than the other?  LOL

What if ya like TJ, and ya don’t open ya eyes?????

Can ya swap them for a lanyard?????

Mizu Kuma - 08 August 2014 12:37 PM

What if ya like TJ, and ya don’t open ya eyes?????

Can ya swap them for a lanyard?????

Fuck Yeah! I think I lost my last lanyard… I’m in need of a new one smile