The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Nike Zoom Kaiju

Does anyone have the Lunarendors? How do they rate them and are the worth the extra money over the kaijus?
Those that have Kaijus how do you find the size runs (compared to nike sneakers) especially once they’ve packed in?

Cheers!

^ Hey bud, I don’t have endors, but from what I know the “boomerangs” help keep the aggressiveness when it starts packing in.

As for nike boots, they REALLY PACK IN. Like 1 size down packing in.
The fit is great, and then after about 10 days, it just kinda opens up.

FYI I’ve had a pair of Kaiju’s, DK’s (in 2 sizes, this is when I started sizing down from 10.5 to 9.5,) and a pair of ZF1xBoa’s.

I’ve now got only the DK’s and ZF1 in 9.5, and I have to say the zf’s fit naturally larger compared to the DK’s and kaiju’s.
This is true as I’ve had a contact that works in a store say this too.

anyone know any stores in/around sydney that still have leftover stock of Nike boots?

Thanks grunge. Thinking I’ll wait a week or two until I can get down to Melbourne and try on different sizes + get them heat moulded. Leaning towards the Lunar Endors at this stage smile

^NP, just so you know the Kaiju and and Lunars can be quite hard to find, with the DK’s being the easiest. (At least for me.)

Picked up a pair of last seasons for $420 in a half size smaller than my street shoe Nike size. Still steep $$ even at that price but they are a nice fit and should be good once they pack in after a few rides.

Nice, I’d actually go 1 size down as they pack out big.
I think when they first came out ppl thought they were wearing out quick, I think they just weren’t used to that much of a packout, but then again, you can always use J-bars to keep your ankles locked in.
Doesn’t help I have slim ankles too. lol

grunge - 03 September 2015 06:51 PM

Nice, I’d actually go 1 size down as they pack out big.
I think when they first came out ppl thought they were wearing out quick, I think they just weren’t used to that much of a packout, but then again, you can always use J-bars to keep your ankles locked in.
Doesn’t help I have slim ankles too. lol

A full size down was too small length wise and causing bad toe rub even with bent knees. I think if they pack in a lot that some aftermarket insoles would help. I asked about getting the inners heat molded (twice) and got shrugged off by the “sales person” if you could call him that. He obviously didn’t want to do any work and couldn’t be bothered taking the 15 minutes to heat mold them. The store I bought them from had terrible customer service and it’s no wonder buy everything online these days. Safe to say I won’t be rushing back to shop there again…

^ Fair point. Maybe I have stubby feet lol.

Anyhooos, $#it store service notwithstanding, I personally think it’s better to let the boot pack in naturally rather than have it heat moulded. Of course, until there are crazy pinch points when using the boots, but I doubt it would happen with Nikes.

Anychance of hinting where the store is located?
Sucks that they don’t want to spend an extra 15 mins to help mould the boots.

I’m with the Grungie One here!!!!!

My Street Nike’s are US11, yet my DK’s are 10’s!!!!!

And I’ve just put some “C” Pads on to the outer ankles in order soak up the slack!!!!!

Yeah, I am more of the thinking that heat moulding matches the contour of your feet so you don’t have to take a few days to break them in. They shouldn’t pack in too much if done correctly. The only concern is they can lose some of their stiffness when heat moulded but that shouldn’t be a problem when you can add the different ‘boomerangs’ in the LunarEndors. That said I’ve been breaking them in at home so at least this way I’ll hopefully get a long life out of them considering the cost! I think I’m mostly shitty about the unhelpful service and lack of interest/assistance. If I could have got them elsewhere I would have walked out. Store is in Albury for what it’s worth.

Anyway, nice boots. I really like the zone lacing system so you can leave the bottom looser while cranking up the upper and get your heal locked in. The sole is a nice firm sponge/rubber that feels like it will soak up well on kickers. Can’t wait to hit the park in them!

I need to bulk mine out a bit now, they are getting super soft the Nike Kaiju’s.

They are great boots BammBamm you will be most impressed. The lacing locks in nice and tight.

I ride the Nike Ites which I believe is the stiffer version of the Kaijus, I love them as they are super super comfy! Love the Nike boots

^ Actually, the Ites are the precursors to the Lunarendor, with the same boomerang stiffness adjustment system.

I can’t remember what the diff is, I think it might be the outsole.
I wouldn’t call the kaijus stiff, but definitely they put the Ite, and then the Lunarendors as the flagship model for their boots.

Got a few rides in on the Lunarendors and they are everything people say they are cracked up to be. As soon as I rode them it was like they broke in straight away. So comfortable, no pressure spots or sore feet after a days riding and nice dry feet! Such a shame they aren’t making them anymore :(