The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Cartels, Forces or something else?

Hey Guys,
I’m in the market for some new bindings. I’ve been riding Burton Infidels for about 4 years and they’re pretty trashed. I’m heading to Big White for a season in November so would make sense to wait but I want them for the end of our season/I just don’t want to wait.

I’m looking for that “do everything” binding to go on my Westmark. Been looking at Cartels since I was happy with the build quality of my infidels, but have never ridden any other bindings apart from some cheap rossi ones that came with my first board so i’d be happy to change. Also heard good things about union forces and flux ds.

Probably dont need to put this much research in as anything I get will be step up, but if anyone has any advice/experience it would be good to hear it.
Thanks

Id go the cartels if I were you and you want something right away, I ride unions, but they are 3 years old and have been decent bindings and are still going strong. On the other hand the new unions from what ive seen are s__t. I would know at least 5 people who have had them and had the ratchets break down in around a week. They have been replaced but the same thing keeps happening. Id suggest wait until the 2015 union stuff comes out if your keen on them as they will be much better.

I had cartels and changed to ride rodeos, wouldnt go back.
Not sure about your current burtons, but one thing i found with the cartels, and this might not bother you at all, but the high backs when folded down stick out further than the board, pissed me off to no end! gets caught in gates and other stuff in lift lines, doesnt fit well in snowboard bag so you end up taking them off all the time, not for me!

Hey Ryan,

What are you after in a binding, re flex/response?????

Where do ya ride the most, and what do ya like to do/wanna do?????

Yer Dylan had the same problem. Crazy annoying when you have to board bag it.

Hey Mizy, Looking for a mid flex, something that I can take from the park to the rest of the mountain, hopefully some powder.  Not really in to craving or anything just like cruising around finding features and stuff.  I ride mostly the Vic mountains, head to NZ a fair bit and am working in big white this season.

Cartels are great bindings, as are the Flux DS. I can’t fault either.

And to throw something else into the mix, check my review on the Now IPO…

https://www.boardworld.com.au/snowboarding/now-ipo-bindings-review

Let me know if you have and questions on the IPO.

ryan12345 - 27 July 2014 05:49 PM

Yer Dylan had the same problem. Crazy annoying when you have to board bag it.

Hey Mizy, Looking for a mid flex, something that I can take from the park to the rest of the mountain, hopefully some powder.  Not really in to craving or anything just like cruising around finding features and stuff.  I ride mostly the Vic mountains, head to NZ a fair bit and am working in big white this season.

Definitely look at the FLUX DS then!!!!!

Shoot Jez a PM to see what member discount ya can get out of him as well!!!!! shaka

^^ For sure. Hit me up and I’ll give you a member discount if you need anything.

https://www.boardworld.com.au/flux

PM or jeremy(at)boardworld.com.au

Thanks Guys I’ll check them out!

ryan12345 - 27 July 2014 05:49 PM

something that I can take from the park to the rest of the mountain, hopefully some powder.  Not really in to craving or anything just like cruising around finding features and stuff.

myself and nrthnbeachesguy have ride rodeos and absolutely love them for everything, ive riden perisher, thredbo and niseko japan with them in all kinds of conditions and they havent let me down.
when im next in the market i want to test some unions and flux’s but its going to be hard to pull me from a new pair of rodeos

Switchbacks? Anyone? Haha. I had holden/union collab bindings previously but they let me down. They would drop rungs on the ladder on hard impact landings. Ssuuuuper annoying and pretty dangerous. Only ridden the switchbacks about 6 days on snow but havent had any issues and happy with the feel of them. Just another binding to consider   thumbsup

Thanks for the advice guys. Ended up down at trigger bros today and picked up last years malavitas on sale. Just had a little Dick around on the carpet and they feel on the the money.

Nice one!!!!! shaka