The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japanese destination for Feb 2015

Hi all, new to the forum. This place is pretty cool.

I’m planning my Feb 2015 trip and am tossing up whether to head back to Hakuba or venture up north to Rusutsu.

I’ve been to Hakuba multiple times and love it,  but I’ve heard the tree runs and terrain at Rusutsu are incredible.

Do I give up the variety of Hakuba and try something new (although lose the nightlife)? Who’s been to Rusutsu and what are your thoughts?

P.s not really keen on a trip to niseko at this point.

Cheers

ps’s aside, why not base in Niseko and trip it to Rusutsu?????

Have ya been to Niseko before????? Don’t ever be put off by the “Bogan Element”, as it can be easily avoided!!!!!

Hokkaido Pow is awesome!!!!!

Nozawa is also pretty cool with both the powder and the village life as well!!!!!

Asahikawa is also a good base for bar/izakaya life, if ya don’t mind shuttles to resorts!!!!!

And welcome on in, Mr Burgundy!!!!! shaka

I have to admit that it is the Bogan element I’m trying to avoid. I’ve also heard that Hakuba is less westernised than niseko,  which interests me greatly.

Plus cortina pow is incredible.

No away would be awesome. I visited for the fire festival a couple of years ago but only got to see a small part of the town. Decisions decisions.

Cheers for the welcome!