The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New Freestyle Board

the uninc doesn’t press that much in terms of how it looks, you can feel it pressed though and thats the main thing. the seven is similar perhaps a little softer, my friend had a few DH boards and loved them, although he did find the edge snapped quite easily?  Talking of damaging or breaking boards….banger you say you’ve snapped an uninc, i’ve snapped at least a couple does anyone else have experience with this. to be fair to burton i think boards only really last a season if rode hard in the park and they’ve always been good with warranties.

uninc
kink
dh
seven

ok..
uninc- wouldnt wanna press that guy, deffinatly more of a jumping and kind freestyle pow shred, sort of a plank when it comes to jibbing..oh and weight these boards are fairly heavy like most burton

kink- light wieght, longer effective edge(which basically means its going to ride like a board 5 cm bigger with the benefits of riding a smaller board) super super jibby,not the best for high impact, if you look at the construction, very basic, but if your designating for jibbing this is your board. Another to check out would be the crush.. very similar just a slight reverse camber(so buttery for pressing and doing switch ups on those rails) sick ass graphics too

DH- this is the go everywhere do everything and accel with it too kinda board. amazing for jumping jibbing slash pow and hitting cliffs. IT lives up to the hype, trust.
very similar style as the custom. The dh is very light weight with its thin construction and lots of pop (pop stix) also equipt with slime walls, can take a bit more of a beating the average side wall, but brutal to repair, trust. (2010 graphics are off the hook)

www- JIB STICK especially in the reverse cam, not a huge K2 fan but gotta give credit where credit is due. Great reviews and alot of fun for lapping the park

seven- i wouldnt. bit too stiff bit too geared towards jumping, i could go on but not what your looking for.

nitro sub zero with the camber, thinned out middle for torsional forgiveness and minimal edge catch.
ride machete in between the kink and dh with a lowrize camber and some extra meat on the edge. More pop than the kink, but the camber just gives that little bit more for the jibber inside.
dc pbj all up jib board but with a sintered base.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on the Bataleon Fun.kink? I’ve narrowed my choices down to

Fun.kink
DH
Uninc

I know the Bataleon rep, he’s a really good guy. I’ll see if I can get him on here to give us some info.