The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Trick Tips With Mitch Faber

HammaTheBeast - 11 December 2011 02:16 AM

Hey Mitch,
your an amazing teacher, but I still have problems with the spinning of my board! I can never get enough spin, and the board always flies out in front of me! Help!!
Cheers in advance

Welcome to Boardworld, HammaTheBeast. cool smile

Which trick in particular are you having that problem with? Kickflips?

hey mitch i can land a kickflip fairly well but not so good rolling.  i want to go faster but its wierd like how when i try my foot slides back to where it messes up my balance help rage
rage

dappiish - 13 December 2011 12:04 AM

hey mitch i can land a kickflip fairly well but not so good rolling.  i want to go faster but its wierd like how when i try my foot slides back to where it messes up my balance help rage
rage

dude…to kickflip wile rolling you need to flip and flick your foot straighter than standing still.
try really hard to flip straight of your nose !! and make sure of that little flick from your toes.
good luck.

Whats the song for the intro? LOL

hey mitch,

i am having problems with my kickflip and pophuvit.
i seem to only be able to land then with my front foot or land before it does.

would you be able to help?

from kean miles

keanmiles - 19 January 2012 11:00 PM

hey mitch,

i am having problems with my kickflip and pophuvit.
i seem to only be able to land then with my front foot or land before it does.

would you be able to help?

from kean miles

hi dude.
this is very normal in learning those tricks.
it takes time and effort to get the control of your feet and board at the same time.
just work at it and dont give up.
try to kick of the edge less be softer..
good luck mate.

hey mitch my friend and i are having problems with the pop shuv it and could you give us some advice.

we can get the flick but land we only land with one foot on,mostly front foot.

keanmiles - 25 January 2012 02:34 AM

hey mitch my friend and i are having problems with the pop shuv it and could you give us some advice.

we can get the flick but land we only land with one foot on,mostly front foot.

hi mate.
the problem your having is not enough commitment you have to jump forward onto it.
dont be scared try it on grass first or carpet than take it to cement.

good luck buddy.

hey i have got the pop shuv it thanks Mitch. but now whenever i attempt to kick flip it does a 180 flip. plzzz help:(

yeah i have a problem with the frontside tailslide about locking in and putting preassure on the tail please help!!!

Thanks to you Mitch i have fallen in love with skating and getting a plan b t puds pro-lite board.
smile

thanks and i figured out my problem with the kickflip. i have too keep my shoulder’s in-line.

hey mitch i was wrong with the kickflip , i get the flip but the board always goes viarial and i am not scooping with my back foot. plz someone help
:(

hey keanmiles, Im no where near as good or knowledgable as Mitch, but here are my thoughts on what you may be doing wrong.

Even though you are not trying to scoop the back foot, you may have your toes too far off the board causing a natural scoop. If you try to jump forward (forward as in to the front of your body, not towardrs the nose) this will encourage the board to spin even more.

Is the board spining frontside or backside varial?

Try popping straight down in the center of your tail. smile

it is frontside