The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New Server

Are we supposed to point out weirdness (formatting of the site)

Or are we just accepting we are going through a transitional stage ATM?

Please let us know if you are seeing anything weird or broken.

Hmm came back from lunch and all looks good.

But will do!

I am finding pages are not loading (or taking forever) and formatting all over the shop.. Can’t upload a photo to a site from work though :-(

But the banner ads are small (even with a reduced window) and the top BW site banner that has my name and the PM msg notification keeps jumping around.

I haven’t seen any of those issues. Please send me some screenshots when you can. Thanks Kim.

Will do!

The slow loading is happening on my phone and PC (firefox)

You using WiFi for both?

Is anyone else experiencing problems?

Mobile is 4G

And work is a network cable.

Incidentally it hasn’t happened on my tablet yet (which would be WiFi)

I’ve now seen it pop up a couple of times on my browser. We are looking into it. Thanks for letting us know.

I regularly have page load issues with the forums. Click a section or post and wait for dayz for it to load, sometimes just sits there plain white. Anyone else have this problem?

yep same here and extremely slow at work and home, and formatting of pages is all over the shop but that would be due to slowness and time out.

Double post..

Extremely slow to load a page or it doesn’t load at all. Also formatting is all over and not auto resizing on pages is being weird on my phone.

Also it’s taken a few tries to post this..

Hey guys,

We are aware of the problem and the team is working on it currently.

It’s because of all the spam bots hitting our server (like thousands every minute). We have now succeeded in blocking spammers registering and making posts on the forums, and yesterday alone we deleted nearly 80,000 spam accounts with more on the chopping block today.

We are trying to come up with a solution to increase security on a server level so we can get the site speed back to where we should be. I know it’s super frustrating and obviously a very bad time of year for us to be having all these problems.

But please rest assured we have a great team working on this as I type and we are dedicated to fixing the site and making it better. Thanks for understanding.

Jez and team.

Can’t open smileys, can’t fast reply. This is getting frustrating!

Pages are super slow to load for me, sometimes not loading at all (which is what happens when I try fast reply).

Using IE and Mozilla at home and work, safari on my phone (wifi and 4G)

We know. It’s super frustrating.  hmmm