The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

PRACTICED ACCIDENTS - Perisher Blog 2014

Hi guys, I know there is no snow on the ground but as the official resort openings approach, I thought I would kick off regardless. My name’s Cam and I’m going to be sharing my season in Perisher with you via this blog – which I think is appropriately named ‘Practiced Accidents’.. If you can’t guess why yet, you’ll find out why soon enough! Before we get started I want to give you guys a brief bio on myself and go over what content I see being published here.

I am a student based in Canberra, ACT and call Perisher my home resort. Having already travelled to parts of Europe, New Zealand and most recently Canada to ride, I am obviously a keen snowboarder but am also interested in design, photography, filming, editing, fishing, surfing etc. Given my interests I will be uploading regular video content, specifically directed towards freestyle/park riding with an emphasis on style/progression. In addition to the videos, general shenanigans; resort information; park reports etc. will also be posted here.

I will be looking to you guys for input throughout the season – so please let me know what you think!

I am really pumped to get started! Bring on some snow!

Peace v

2014 Trick List coming soon..

This is awesome, mate. Really looking forward to what you have in store for us this season!

Bring on the snow already! punch

Awesome! Looking forward to what you get up to!

PM for address details if you are still keen for some drinks on Saturday night!

I’ve got you covered for follow cam. Just say the word….

Looks good man, looking forward to it!

perisher looks amazing in the first post pic wink

Cant wait for this mate!

^^^ LOL

trentradpants - 02 June 2014 08:35 PM

perisher looks amazing in the first post pic wink

Haha only just picked up on that.

Thanks everyone!

@trent yeah its new terrain, only accessible by the new freedom chair wink  LOL

I don’t understand what you’re laughing about Dylan.
Perisher just put in 600 billion dollars worth of snow makers, that’s all. It’s all still there.

Look, there’s Front Valley Park. There’s lake Jindabyne, all frozen up for the first time.
And look in the background, Mt Selwyn is waist deep.  cheese

Andy Aitken - 02 June 2014 10:50 PM

I don’t understand what you’re laughing about Dylan.
Perisher just put in 600 billion dollars worth of snow makers, that’s all. It’s all still there.

Look, there’s Front Valley Park. There’s lake Jindabyne, all frozen up for the first time.
And look in the background, Mt Selwyn is waist deep.  cheese

oh i see it now LOL

Siiiick cam, good on ya.

Hey everyone, just a quick post to hype the new snowfall at perisher and share some photos from Jindabyne that some mates and I took the other week when we went fishing!

LK and I rigging up

Superchill

LK getting his line wet

Big Ham

Ciders and BBQ

LK and I hoping for a bite

Glassy lake before we left

Hopefully with this new snow Ill have some footage to share soon!

Peace v