The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

DSLR cradle/handle

Im looking at pulling the D90 out for some filming this season due to injury and im after a handle or cradle to make things abit easier.
Who has one (or many)?
what is it?
would you recommend it?
have you seen some that you like the look of?
Let me know!
currently the only thing ive stumbled upon in a quick search is this Filming handle
Cheers

Hey Dylan, I got the Cam Caddie the other day which is very similar to the one are looking at. It is awesome and I have no complaints with it whatsoever!

Be been looking at so many cages and handles the last few months (since last season really) but can’t decide.  look at just outer caging.. Then looked at things like rugged waterproof housings (at $2-4000 not really a cheap option)  but can’t decide…  I’m pretty sure just an outer cage would be sweet for snowboarding through the park for follow cam etc  

Found a few awesome cold shoe handles..  I’ll link you some stuff when I’m on the tablet and not on my phone a bit later today, smile

yea the waterproof housings are way excessive h0z, even if you’re filming on a deep pow day, japan, you’re better off with just a hood & being careful, plus unless you’re going to start going to the gym 7 times a day and lifting like arnie you’ll end up ditching the housing anyway LOL