The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thinking of making a few changes - opinions please :)

Hey guys,

We’re thinking about condensing the forums just a bit. What we might do is get rid of ‘Setup and Tuning’ as any questions/topics related to it can be posted in Equipment and Products.

We are also thinking about making ‘News and Events’ into News, Videos, and Events.

If we do that we will also get rid of ‘Video Clips’ in the skateboarding section.

Lastly we would get rid of ‘Shaping and Science’ as everything there can be posted into the products area.

This will leave four sub-sections for each sport, rather than five. We think this will make the forums a bit less spread out and hopefully more user friendly.

Of course we will not change anything before getting your honest opinions.

Thanks in advance.

I think it sounds like a good idea.

That works for me.

Yeh i agree with all of your changes smile

Less is more.

Less major headings, more sub-headings works well.

Excellent idea’s rider! I was going to make a suggestion along this line of thinking but couldn’t word it properly.

“News, Video and Events”  cheese

Thank you for the feedback everyone. The changes are underway. smile

Ya all sounds good mate.  Look forward to the changes. 

CHANGE IS GOOD

Done and done. Thank you everyone.  cool smile

Hey rider, I don’t know how hard it would be but I think this may be a good idea to increase user traffic in some of the less used areas.

Perhaps have something showing the most recently used threads, regardless of which subsection they belong to. Maybe the top 10. That way, those things will get posted and be prominent to view at the top of the forums section. In these circumstances you will get more people seeing posts in the less popular areas (health and fitness perhaps) and they may be more inclined to read the topic if the headline grabs them. It’s almost like merchandising for forums.

Thoughts?

Don’t know if this is really what you mean Brandy, but the ‘view new posts’ icon up the top is good for checking all the new stuff real quick. I have to admit I only recently realised it existed, whoops….

Btw, how does everyone do all the different emoticons/faces?? I can only do smiley face and wink hahaha.

Indeed it is similar to what I was thinking. I did not even realise it existed. Although, my thought was even more obvious than that. Ie, a section at the top, above general topics, that just has a list of some (say even just 5) of the most recently posted in threads. That way, some of the lesser know threads are immediately brought to the attention to those of us who are not Mizu. I think it will just make it easier for newer forum members to find new topics instead of only seeing them if they search (click the current link).

im cool with it

Mizu Kuma - 18 January 2011 08:11 AM
Brandy - 18 January 2011 07:15 AM

That way, some of the lesser know threads are immediately brought to the attention to those of us who are not Mizu.

big surprise

I’m just saying you are very efficient Mizu. Case in point! raspberry

What you are saying politely, is that Mizu needs to get out more.  tongue wink