The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New features for Boardworld and the forums

rider26 - 12 May 2014 06:05 PM

I like the old mIRC feature of slapping someone around with a large trout.

Could work well with the tagging:

@rider26 slaps @surferguy56 around with a large trout.

LOL

Hahaha! I remember that!!

drc13 - 12 May 2014 06:37 PM

Don’t know if it’s one of the bugs already being squashed and hate to mention it again but I’m still having conversations with friends who no longer browse boardworld as their work computers are running older versions of IE. I still reckon a whole bunch of potential members would be giving up after just one attempt at loading the site which is a real pity.

On another note looking forward to the updates/improvements I agree a @user notification system would be useful.  thumbsup

Definitely on this list.

air180 - 12 May 2014 07:55 PM

Yeh my work has mega old IE so I know that feeling!

Would it possible to have a button near the page numbers under the title of the thread that takes you to the first unread post in the thread? If one exists currently I haven’t been able to find it! I’ve seen it on other forums and it’s awesome.

That’s a good idea, and we will look into it.

It would be good if there was an Instagram photo thread where you could link photos from your instagram directly to the thread by using the thread number and a hashtag

K2_TeacherBoy - 13 May 2014 10:50 AM

It would be good if there was an Instagram photo thread where you could link photos from your instagram directly to the thread by using the thread number and a hashtag

Already on the list. thumbsup

rider26 - 13 May 2014 09:25 AM
drc13 - 12 May 2014 06:37 PM

Don’t know if it’s one of the bugs already being squashed and hate to mention it again but I’m still having conversations with friends who no longer browse boardworld as their work computers are running older versions of IE. I still reckon a whole bunch of potential members would be giving up after just one attempt at loading the site which is a real pity.

Definitely on this list.

I am not sure if this is possible and I know you don’t want to spend money on old technology so maybe just a notification to old IE user saying that this version of the site is not optimised for this version please upgrade your browser and then send them to a very basic version of the site for old IE.

If a basic version is not possible/too hard you should at least have a message to those who use an old version of IE advising them on why they can’t see the site (other sites do this - trust me I get it at least 3 times a day!) so many at least might try a different browsers. Some people might have no idea it is their browser and may think it is the site.

Would it be possible to do the “mark all posts as read” just within the forum area you are in, ie Social, Photog, Surf Vid, etc?

Thanks Kim, we’re already planning on fixing the IE issue. If not, for sure there will be a message advising them on what’s wrong.

K2, will look into it.

Either that or mark a thread as read or tag to a reading list

What about a multi-quote option? Like where you can select multiple replies in a thread and it quotes them all? A few other forums I read have that and it makes replying to people a bit easier.

If your work runs IE consider having a serious talk to the boss about getting rid of the IT person. LOL

There is a lot of red tape between me and Tony Abbott!!!

Granted he is not the IT manger but he is the Boss!

ozgirl - 19 May 2014 07:01 PM

There is a lot of red tape between me and Tony Abbott!!!

Granted he is not the IT manger but he is the Boss!

Can’t believe you work for that promise breaker LOL

Neither can I!

I’m in the same boat as Oz, unfortunately government departments run a standard operating environment with IE. If you’re in IT or have a legit business case you can get Chrome and or Firefox, luckily I have both shaka