The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Fitness tracker bands

Hi Guys

Has anyone owned or had any experience using fitness tracker bands?? (fitbit, garmin, nike fuel band etc)

Ive been looking into the fitbit flex http://www.fitbit.com/au/flex they seem to be a great way to track all your physical activities and even track your sleep patterns!! It appears to be water resistant, stylish and has great battery life.

Im basically sold on the product just wanted some feedback.

Thanks in advance!  kiss

Michelle uses the Fitbit and she loves it.

Awesome!

Thanks J! smile

I love using the fitbit. The only thing that isn’t quite accurate on it, is the calorie count. It can also track your sleep and you can use it as a silent alarm clock. You wear it on your wrist when you go to bed and it wakes you up by vibrating.

It’s easy to charge and setup and track everything online. I highly recommend it.

Awesome Michelle! That souds epic.. Im not overlay fussed with calorie counter. I do like the vibrate on my wrist thing to wake me up!! Better than BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP in the mornings…

Have you used it in water before?? Shower? Rain??? Washing dishes????? haha wink xx

Well I haven’t gone in the water with it because it’s not waterproof. I do clip it to my sports bra and it says it’s sweat resistant and it can handle some rain.

It should go into a pocket of some sort to keep from loosing it. It’s not much use in the water anyways because there isn’t anything to count while swimming.

It comes with a wrist band as well as a clip to attach it to pants and such. I have lost one of them before so make sure that it is secure.

You’ve only lost one? LOL

Haha ya but I got a new one for free!! I told them that it wasn’t charging properly and they sent me a new one.

The company is really easy and pleasant to deal with.

Perfect! Sold! Thanks guys!! xx

Haha more info on getting the free one?

I haf a fit bit one in the pink/maroon colour and lost it at work, it fell out if the silicon case that clips to your pants, and at $110 or so.. I’m not in a hurry to replace it, I had it almost a year, and actually miss having it, just can’t afford it atm, with all my snow accommodation, up coming rego, and other bills taking priority, :(

The wife just got a Fitbit Flex at a discounted price through our life/TPD insurance.  Basically the insurance company rewards her for every block of exercise she does and logs via their website (somehow links up with the Fitbit portal I think).  She’s taken up running with a vengeance, so she’ll hit Platinum level in no time I reckon.

The Fitbit obviously does not do heart rate monitoring, so you’d want to be aware of that before buying one.

I really cant see the point of these. But in saying that, I havent used one, so cant really comment or make a judgement on them.

I know a few people from work who use the Jawbone.

Here is the first thing i stumbled across when searching fitness bands http://www.livescience.com/41556-best-fitness-trackers.html

K2_TeacherBoy - 07 May 2014 01:13 PM

I really cant see the point of these. But in saying that, I havent used one, so cant really comment or make a judgement on them.

I know a few people from work who use the Jawbone.

Here is the first thing i stumbled across when searching fitness bands http://www.livescience.com/41556-best-fitness-trackers.html

I don’t think they’re intended for very active people like you, mate.  More as a way to get sedentary people moving.

I found it interesting to see how many steps I had done in a day at work, my best was a bit over 21,000 which was around 14kms,  I was averaging around 12,000 steps a day at work, which was around 8kms it also does stairs, and my best was 49 flights of stairs in a day). This was at the snow last year, unpacking the cars, a double set of steps to the main house and another double set to our room… ( so 4 flights in one trip to our room) (it averages a flight to 10 stairs iirc)

I had it for around a year, and in that time I had done just under 1.8million steps, which is 1.2k kms   and 2.7k stairs

h0z - 07 May 2014 12:37 PM

Haha more info on getting the free one?

I haf a fit bit one in the pink/maroon colour and lost it at work, it fell out if the silicon case that clips to your pants, and at $110 or so.. I’m not in a hurry to replace it, I had it almost a year, and actually miss having it, just can’t afford it atm, with all my snow accommodation, up coming rego, and other bills taking priority, :(

I had an issue with my first one not charging properly, so I emailed them about it and they sent me a new one straight away.

After I had lost the second one I took a chance and said that the new one was playing up. I had only had it about 6 months or so, it was still in warranty.

You can try and say a similar thing, you with most likely get 50% off your new one. Happened to my mom as well when she contacted them after a year.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info! I will give it a try smile

shaka