The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

If Boardworld had a phone app…

If Boardworld had a phone app…

What would you want it to do? What would you consider the three most important features?

We do plan on further fixing, developing and optimising the mobile version of our website, so essentially the app would have to do something that the website doesn’t already do (or won’t do down the track). Your answer may very well be we don’t need one, and that’s fine too.

I’m opening this thread to ideas and thoughts in regards to a new phone app. I am looking into it as we have received many requests over the years, but I would like to really explore this further to see what functionality we should look into.

All contributions are most appreciated. We are really interested to get your thoughts.

I think if boardworld had an app so many more people would join not saying u don’t have a lot of ppl already .. Most ppl today have an iPhone or android and all of which use apps for social network and other thing..

Have the Comps/Giveaways/News/Articles/Forum in a Twitter/Instagram Style Feed so only the latest News/Posts come up!!!!!

Whatever you do, keep it clean and simple!!!!!

Each Post then takes you to the Mobile/Desktop Site Via a Link that’s attached to each Post!!!!! eg Vids/Articles/Forum Feeds that have the included Posts!!!!!

How about a “member radar” so you know when your near other members and can bw high 5 them or whatever

And call it the “Stjalker”!!!!!

What about facebook auth. So people can post on the forums using their facebook accounts? A lot of people seem to follow BW on FB and IG that don’t post on the forums possibly because they can’t be bothered making a new account.

Koper - 18 April 2014 03:01 PM

What about facebook auth. So people can post on the forums using their facebook accounts? A lot of people seem to follow BW on FB and IG that don’t post on the forums possibly because they can’t be bothered making a new account.

Yea this might be a bit off topic but i think one thing you should look into doing is being able to create an account just by linking to FB
example

A check in feature would be cool, just like facebook but it goes to a thread, wow after typing that it just crossed my mind of how well fb are doing shit to make us want to copy parts LOL

I think direct upload of photos/videos would be a key feature

A live chat feature, would be good for organizing things, or when meeting with members, (or just killing boredom)  another forum I was on had this and it worked well..  (but obviously have it in the app, instead of the forum,). Also! If / when you do make a BW app, please make it for more than just android and iphone (I have windows, as do alot of my friends..  Also don’t forget bb! Ey oz? raspberry )

K2_TeacherBoy - 18 April 2014 03:36 PM

I think direct upload of photos/videos would be a key feature

this!  So much goes not uploaded b/c of the hassle as I almost never can do BW ona computer anymore

Tinypic is an easy host to use on a mobile as well as a desktop!!!!!

I like Mizu’s idea of a feed of latest news/comps etc.

I would also like BW to have a curated set of video links queued up for me to watch, maybe 1 per week or whatever.

BW real-time chat room might be fun.

Make it so you can upload a photo as easy as click a photo icon, choose a photo and upload it from your phone…

Can we have a feature so you can send nothing to a selected member? LOL

Like i can hit the nothing button and send it to Chapstic, and he gets a notification about nothing

fast eddie - 20 April 2014 04:41 PM

Make it so you can upload a photo as easy as click a photo icon, choose a photo and upload it from your phone…

this.