The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Female Skaters! (kill me if this already exists)

K2_TeacherBoy - 17 April 2014 11:35 AM

plz delete. double post

how do we delete?

Mizu Kuma - 17 April 2014 06:04 PM
LowGuido - 17 April 2014 05:57 PM

LOL I think killing is a bit extreme.

I wasn’t the one that made that decision, Guido!!!!!

there is no specific skater welcome thread so I will let it slide shaka

See the cog at the too right of my list. Click that (any moderator) then click delete. Click confirm

Welcome riley jade!

I’m h0z aka Holly smile I’m obsessed with snowboarding, used to skate (Mainly as transport when I was younger) but I’ve brought a board again and have been attempting to skate again.. (its not going to well! Haha)  because I need something to so when there is no snow, (and I can’t surf- so that’s out lol!)  you should grab a snowboard and come down for a few days!  Most of my friends with a skating background have picked snowboarding up with in a day, one of them was even coming through the park hitting the jumps with in 4 hours! smile

Hi. I am a female who skateboards in Brisbane, & really appreciate what Board World Girls and Girls Skate Australia (GSA) are doing. I note you’ve shared Kim Woozy’s Ted X talk on this forum recently. Her MAHFIA Channel does invaluable work supporting females in action sports. Some of the female forum members might be interested in reading more about her biography, and I was really fortunate to interview her earlier in the year. She’s really supportive of Australian girl skaters and all kinds of diversity too: http://asianaustralianfilmforum.wordpress.com/2014/03/03/aaffn_interview2014_with_kim_woozy/

Peace, respect, represent all.

Welcome to the community, Indigo Willing. cool smile

I actually collaborated with Kim @ MAHFIA when we were putting together this feature video on Lizzy Armanto. Needless to say, I’m a huge fan of the MAHFIA girls and the movement they have going on there.

Welcome Holly!!

And hello Indigo wink

‘rider26’ - that’s great to see your collaboration with Kim Woozy, MAHFIA and Lizzie Armanto in Australia video.

‘Riley Jade’ - hey there, you are ruling as always RJ : )

You are too kind aha!

Estelle
25- Been skating since 12, spent a long time injured…. Veteran in years, not in skill! Snowboard is where I shred!!
Skate, surf, snowboard, showjump! *The S’s* .
Mad about it all…
Local park - Fitzy bowl/ Riverside CBD.

Hallo and welcome!

Welcome!

Rad thread.

I’ve been on BW for awhile but I haven’t been as active lately as I’ve been caught up with studies. I digress.

I’m Jenny, 17 (18 next month!) and from Sydney. I picked up skating about two years ago and progress is slow but I still love it. I haven’t really been skating recently since I broke my ankle a few months ago but I plan to get back into after I graduate high school.

Lacey Baker and Vanessa Torres are some of my favourite skaters, their friendship gives me life haha.