The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Female Skaters! (kill me if this already exists)

Hey guys I’m new to the forum and thought I would (hopefully not too rudely of me hehe) start a thread for all female skaters on the site, as I stated kill me or this thread if one already exists!

A tell us about yourself and where you are from thread? maybe even link up local skaters!!

**Hi guys I’m Riley Jade,

I’m 27, female, gay, in a relationship and I love skateboarding, it has been my one true passion since I first started at the age of 10.

I took my first ever break from skateboarding from 2008 to late 2013 when I came back for good. I have broken my left wrist and shattered my right elbow skating.

I’m a street skater, not big on parks although I never really gave them a go, mainly because I’m so used to skateboarding by myself, I had a skate crew this would probably change.

My fave bands are Bloc Party, Foals, The Smiths, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, King Diamond and some hip hop.

I recently got on flow with Boardworld, which has been a dream and goal since I first started skating.

your turn!

Welcome to Boardworld, Riley! We are stoked to have you here. shaka

Welcome! (again!)

We don’t have too many female skaters on here except for Stella I think. (where is the ability to page people to a thread)

I tried and failed miserably!!!

Too scared of concrete!

It would be great to see some photos/video of you skating!

Do you any social media pages we can follow/check out?

Thanks man!

Deffs gotta try and get more girl skaters here! I know thru instagram that there are heaps of aus female skaters!!

My insta is- everyday_im_shoveting and my youtube is the same smile

Hey! I’m sky I’m 22 I only started skating less than a year ago after (stupidly) moving to cairns and not realising there was no surf here :/ its a bit rougher falling on to concrete instead of water but no major injuries so far.. I like your taste in music BTW smile

Welcome Riley!! shaka
Awesome to have you here smile

Welcome to BW sky! thumbsup
smile

Thanks sky! Welcome! And cheers Billy! ^___^

Welcom Riley and sky! great to have you both on here! Would be great to have more female skaters on Boardworld, so spread the word! Would be great to have more of the GSA crew (Girls Skateboarding Australia) in here too smile

Make sure you check out our Skateboarding sections in the forums and feel free to post clips in there as well as here, and also just get involved in the skate chatter with us fellas skate
just followed on insta too shaka welcome to the team

Hell yeah dude!

Yeah I’m going to try and work on bringing more girls this way espesh GSA, yeah deffs gunna get involved in the skate forum, just wanted to make sure we had a girls one too!!

Hi I’m Mark,

I’m 30, male, straight, in a relationship and I love skateboarding, it has been my one true passion since I first started at the age of 15-16.

Skating less and less due to work and study commitments. Keep on pushing!

I’m obsessed by skateboarding if im not skating im online watching every thing skate related or flicking through old magazines. It was a lifestyle for me for a long time and hard to give up. I stayed away from trouble and a crazy family. Skateboarding gave me focus and hardworking values.

Deffs feel that Mark! It keeps us young!!!

Heya Riley!!!!!

Unfortunately there is a thread the same as this that already exists, so ya know what that means!!!!!

Only gaggin, welcome a board!!!!! shaka

LOL I think killing is a bit extreme.

LowGuido - 17 April 2014 05:57 PM

LOL I think killing is a bit extreme.

I wasn’t the one that made that decision, Guido!!!!!