The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan 2014/15

Poll: You goin?????
Total Votes: 36
Count me in!!!!!
Nah, I’m over the place!!!!!
I’d love to but I’ve already sold one kidney!!!!!
I’m goin elsewhere!!!!!

While the season hasn’t even finished yet, who’s dreamin of a Pow Stint in the Land Of The Risin Pants for the next one?????

* Feb 2015, Japan will be mine!!!!! All mine!!!!!  grin

Since we had to post pone this years one.. next year it is!!

(stupid ganglion cyst on my wrist, and bakers cyst - as a result from cartilage damage in my knee from my ski injury- which causes the swelling and excess fluid build up/lots of discomfort and pain). :sad:  but the wrist is improving, just need to have an ultrasound for the knee then they can determine how to fix that one!, but at this stage, its looking like physio!

It pains me to say but I probably won’t set foot in Nippon in 14/15 (unless I do another non snow visit) wah

All part of the grand plan though, tick North America off my list and then I can do Japan year after year guilt free! Hokkaido road trip very firmly penciled in for 16 cheese

What month, h0z!!!!!

Nice one DRC!!!!! A road trip in Hokkaido would be epic!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 07 March 2014 10:32 AM

Nice one DRC!!!!! A road trip in Hokkaido would be epic!!!!!

Yeah mate, seems like the obvious next choice, there’s a cube with my name on it. Now go hunt down some of the out of the way places for me in 15 so I can pick your brains when it comes to my time to plan! smile

Hahahaaa, I’m actually gonna do 2 weeks in Niseko first, then a couple of other places, combined with a few days gorgin myself on Shio Ramen in Asahikawa!!!!!

So I won’t be doin a whole lot of travel!!!!! Plus I won’t have a car, although I’d like too I tend to partake in traditional Sake consumption in the evenins, so I’d rather use public transport!!!!! Somethin I never do here at home!!!!! * The Public Transport thing!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 07 March 2014 11:04 AM

Hahahaaa, I’m actually gonna do 2 weeks in Niseko first, then a couple of other places, combined with a few days gorgin myself on Shio Ramen in Asahikawa!!!!!

So I won’t be doin a whole lot of travel!!!!! Plus I won’t have a car, although I’d like too I tend to partake in traditional Sake consumption in the evenins, so I’d rather use public transport!!!!! Somethin I never do here at home!!!!! * The Public Transport thing!!!!!

Sounds like a whole lot of fun to me! I shouldn’t even be thinking about this trip yet as I’ve got plenty of other planning to get sorted first.

I’ll definitely do a fair stint in Niseko and honestly don’t even know how many of the “club fields” are going to be accessible over the period of time I’m there. Hah well that say’s a lot about the difference in quality/efficiency of the public transport systems. I’ve got a couple of nights out in Sydney the next couple of weeks and it’s such a pain getting there and back from Cronulla (I can see the CBD across the water!) I resorted to booking a night in the city just in case I get on the drinks but found myself wishing they had an equivalent of Tokyo’s capsule or “love” hotels.

If i get on the chuhi/biru or sake over there I’ll hopefully have had the pre-planning to park the cube close enough for a cosy sleep in the back smile

Cardanchi Style?????

And I fully agree about the transport thing!!!!!

Even though they don’t run at some hours, I have full confidence in bein able to get to my destination without dramas, whilst in Japow!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 07 March 2014 11:42 AM

Cardanchi Style?????

Hah I have to admit to having to google that as I hadn’t come across it. The first clip I saw mentioned powder/food/onsens/drinks/sleeping in the car so I think my answer is “Fk yes to Cardanchi style!”

Mizu Kuma - 07 March 2014 11:48 AM

And I fully agree about the transport thing!!!!!

Even though they don’t run at some hours, I have full confidence in bein able to get to my destination without dramas, whilst in Japow!!!!!

Yep I’m kind of hoping Australia is just a bad example and I should experience Japanese style efficiency/reliability in North America/New York, hopefully…...

Most likely going to go French Alps this year, suprise trip for my wife birthday, and might do a week in hakuba with the boys again.

Get up to Hokkaido?????

That way we can meet up for a pow shred!!!!!

i plan on being japow’d in 2015, reading the threads on here has made me a sad rad-panda i couldnt be there this year

Cool!!!!!

Any ideas on dates/places, oh Rad One?????

Niseko, end of Jan/very early Feb.. (sisters bday is 8th or Feb, so will have to be back by then.. ) looking at 12 days or so..

h0z - 07 March 2014 04:06 PM

Niseko, end of Jan/very early Feb.. (sisters bday is 8th or Feb, so will have to be back by then.. ) looking at 12 days or so..

Will most def cross paths then, cause at the mo I’ll be in Nis early feb!!!!! shaka

* That’s if all goes to plan!!!!!