The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New Zealand 2014

geniass - 24 March 2014 06:18 PM

Pretty pumped - booked flights to Queenstown for 18-28 July.

And with this somewhat cooler weather in Canberra today July doesn’t seem too far away!

I’m there from 19th July to 27th July smile

air180 - 27 March 2014 01:09 PM
geniass - 24 March 2014 06:18 PM

Pretty pumped - booked flights to Queenstown for 18-28 July.

And with this somewhat cooler weather in Canberra today July doesn’t seem too far away!

I’m there from 19th July to 27th July smile

Nice one air180 - might have to meet up.

Anyone thinking of heading over in August??

Im super keen to head over this year as i missed out on riding last season.

If anyone will be over there around early Aug, gimme a shout and meet for beers and shred! yew!

surferguy56 - 31 March 2014 06:16 PM

Anyone thinking of heading over in August??

Im super keen to head over this year as i missed out on riding last season.

If anyone will be over there around early Aug, gimme a shout and meet for beers and shred! yew!

If my leave ever gets approved I’m looking at 01 - 06 August. Failing that it’s Whistler or Aspen at the end of the year during Chrissy.

16th to the 30th of July with the missus, so keen!

i applied for a job in queenstown. hope i get it. if not, there’s always perisher wink

17th - 24th of August, just haven’t worked out if I’m doing Queenstown or Wanaka this time. Leaning towards Wanaka.

sweeeeeeeeeet just booked 27th July to 3rd August with a mate in Queenstown! yeeehaaaaa first time to NZ

StamfordKid - 03 April 2014 10:10 AM

sweeeeeeeeeet just booked 27th July to 3rd August with a mate in Queenstown! yeeehaaaaa first time to NZ

I doubt it will be your last time in NZ. I love the place!

i hope it wont!

So I have 7 nights, 6 days in Queenstown - we plan on boarding at least 5 of the 6, if not all 6 days. Was thinking 2 at Coronet Peak, 2 at Remarkables and 1 at Cardrona, then the extra day just going where we liked best or exploring the area if we don’t wanna hit the slopes.

What is everyone’s thoughts on where is better?
I would say we are intermediate boarders,  we just like shredding around on natural hits and going through trees etc. Was thinking maybe even one day going a Heli Ski with Harris Mountains Heli.

Definitely do a Heli trip!!!!!

While I didn’t go ridin, when I was in QT last September, I did go in a Heli and it was a buzz!!!!!

And I reckon one of the best places to do it, for the scenery alone!!!!!

* Book it in early though, and choose one of the first days ya there as if the weather closes in, they can reschedule for one of ya other day!!!!!

And don’t be scared to send them an email askin if they will do a better price!!!!! Tell them ya shopping around to see what’s on offer!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 03 April 2014 03:34 PM

Definitely do a Heli trip!!!!!

While I didn’t go ridin, when I was in QT last September, I did go in a Heli and it was a buzz!!!!!

And I reckon one of the best places to do it, for the scenery alone!!!!!

* Book it in early though, and choose one of the first days ya there as if the weather closes in, they can reschedule for one of ya other day!!!!!

And don’t be scared to send them an email askin if they will do a better price!!!!! Tell them ya shopping around to see what’s on offer!!!!!

I might just take you up on that advice too! We were thinking of heliboarding last time we were there but ran out of time. My partner is turning 30 this year so it would be a pretty awesome present for him if I could organise it!

Only downside is the idea of going up in a helicopter terrifies me! (not to mention risk of avalanches etc.). I really should stop researching things on the internet

tongue laugh

I think avalanche risk will be pretty low if ya go with a reputable company, with good experienced guides!!!!! Ya gotta look at it from their perspective, as it’s a company that would want somethin goin wrong at the very least!!!!! Their lively hood relies on everythin bein minimal risk!!!!!

As for the Heli ride!!!!! My wife wasn’t keen at all, but after we landed for the last time, she also said that it was nothin short of awesome!!!!!

* We went with Glacier Southern Lakes Heli’s just incase ya interested!!!!!

StamfordKid - 03 April 2014 02:24 PM

i hope it wont!

So I have 7 nights, 6 days in Queenstown - we plan on boarding at least 5 of the 6, if not all 6 days. Was thinking 2 at Coronet Peak, 2 at Remarkables and 1 at Cardrona, then the extra day just going where we liked best or exploring the area if we don’t wanna hit the slopes.

What is everyone’s thoughts on where is better?
I would say we are intermediate boarders,  we just like shredding around on natural hits and going through trees etc. Was thinking maybe even one day going a Heli Ski with Harris Mountains Heli.

I’m looking into this atm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CFJotkN8yA

Did you do Clarke Glacier Mizu?

Nah mate, we did Tutoko!!!!! Flew into it, then did a vertices climb over the back of it!!!!!

Then we landed on a remote beach on the west coast, before a stop in Milford where we went on one of the boats!!!!!

All kinds of epic!!!!!

How was Clarke?????? I don’t think ya can go wrong with any aerial view of the sthn lakes!!!!! So picturesque!!!!!