The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

wetsuit rubbing on neck

After several sessions (mainly putting kids on boards and towing them out) last week I noticed by wettie was rubbing on the sides of my neck and it got pretty uncomfortable by the end.  Do you guys have any tips for avoiding or reducing this?  Should I wear a rashie underneath or something?

rashie maybe or if that doesn’t work then rub a bit of vaso on it before you head out. Best I can offer, I’m afraid!

If its after the first session/sessions since last summer, you’ll find that it won’t be as bad (or even noticeable) the next few times!!!!!

Kinda like goin barefoot after spendin winter in shoes and socks!!!!!

Your skin will adapt!!!!!

Or spray some Silicone on ya neck????? smirk

cords - 08 January 2014 12:39 AM

rashie maybe or if that doesn’t work then rub a bit of vaso on it before you head out. Best I can offer, I’m afraid!

yup had this problem for years! vaso works a treat!

done!  thanks all (except Mizu)

Mention it, Mud!!!!!

I won’t until I can get this silicon off my neck!

Use a number 10 zipper?????

I’m watching you Bear smirk

Be careful or you might get a squirt of silicon spray from the #10 can when you least expect it.

Get back to work!!!!!

I might try some vasoline on my wetsuit when i go water skiing this weekend!

I have this problem too but usually only in the wetty for a short ski then take it off until the next ski so it hasn’t really bothered me that much.

If you’re gonna use some sort of lubricant, I’d suggest somethin other than Petroleum Jelly!!!!!

It degrades the neoprene over time!!!!! Can also react with the glues that are sometimes used on the seams of modern wetties!!!!!

Not to mention the mess!!!!!

I used to use the stuff when I first started surfin, and there’d always be a tub of half melted vaso that had sand, rocks, and grass all though it!!!!! Not to mention a greasy neck/wetsuit!!!!!

Plus if it ends up in ya car/clothes/towels!!!!! sick

Paw Paw ointment?

As long as it isn’t petroleum based?????