The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Line Up - Daily Chat :)

brenno - 20 September 2015 02:28 PM
ozgirl - 19 September 2015 07:53 PM

Ha!

You’re the only one who didn’t ask who I killed.

It was a 12 gauge shot gun.

No didn’t shoot anything - we were at a range with skeet and trap (the bf is a member of a range) but I was nowhere near ready to shoot at a moving target!

I hit 5 rounds (?) and it was only the last one that I didn’t almost fall on my arse!

And my shoulder is killing me right now.

Although my friends soft opening of their brewery certainly helped ease the pain!

now that’s a big gun for a girl to shoot! clays are fun to shoot. my mate had one on his farm.
we used to have loads of fun till the gun buy back cool grin

Well yeah - i am not small but the boy is 6’4. He has an extension on the gun for him!

next time we might borrow a more appropriate sized one from the club.

till the gun buy back

Best thing to ever happen!!!!!

I miss mine. Stolen from storage while i lived here, lost a Mossberg long barrel 12 Guage and a 1917 Remington 30 odd 6. Beautiful gun, packed a serious punch at the range, i never hunted with it, but it was an old Army gun…

SnowDragon - 21 September 2015 06:20 PM

I miss mine. Stolen from storage while i lived here, lost a Mossberg long barrel 12 Guage and a 1917 Remington 30 odd 6. Beautiful gun, packed a serious punch at the range, never hunted.

I had a Mossberg 410 pump action. it was a 14th bday present lol
when I got a bit bigger I used the old boys luigi franchi semi auto 12g.
also had a bolt action 22 with scope, and a 410 single shot as a snake gun.
I used to do a lot of hunting. rabbits mostly, but also the flying foxes used to
get into the old mans peach crops. so after homework i would go out and shoot
for a couple hrs. id say ive killed well over 500 of those pests.(cue lefty greeny skibums
to blow up!)

I’ve shot a few different guns, and am seriously considering getting my firearms licence and joining the gun club here.

blizzard_22 - 22 September 2015 04:16 PM

I’ve shot a few different guns, and am seriously considering getting my firearms licence and joining the gun club here.

Have have thought about this. I dont know if they do rifles at majura though, i think its shotguns.

Plus you need a gun locker and all that, so will have wait until i have my own place.

Went an shot at the syd olympic range a few yrs back, got like 47#/500 on the rifles, and about 46#/500 on pistol… plus missed the first shot cus the guy pointed me at the wrong target, lol.
I was like “why didnt it show on the screen?” the guy says “oh, you shot the wrong target… it was in the bullseye though”
-_-

Got to shoot a f88 austeyr in cadets, they were fun.
But the best was shooting aerosol cans off the fence at a mates place with a .22 get a hole and they’d shoot off hissing… mates dad brings out a clunky old bolt action .303… and proceeds to tear the cans in half xD

DR1F7R - 22 September 2015 05:11 PM

Plus you need a gun locker and all that, so will have wait until i have my own place.

I have recently learnt that you can have a gun be stored at a different location than the owner…

Say your parents house… they just can’t know the code or have access to the key so to speak!

My man lives with me and the gun does not.

DR1F7R - 22 September 2015 05:11 PM
blizzard_22 - 22 September 2015 04:16 PM

Have have thought about this. I dont know if they do rifles at majura though, i think its shotguns.

Pretty sure it’s pistols and rifles, but I’ll ask one of the guys at work who is a member!

Luckily I own my place so could put in a safe, but in saying that my brother is getting a safe eventually so I’ll just use his when he gets em until I decide to spend the money!

yeah, some ranges also have weapon lockers you can rent.
would consider it, but the money is better off in house savings atm for me raspberry

Mizu Kuma - 20 September 2015 05:14 PM

till the gun buy back

Best thing to ever happen!!!!!

agreed!

I used to shoot all the time, but renewing the licence got to be a PIA, so I let it slide.

There are so many rabbits hopping around our paddock, I’m getting it again and a nice .22. Time for rabbit pie, rabbit stew….....  snake

Well, it’s official.  In case you were wondering, winter is now over. I have packed up the boards . . . It’s pretty much the same thing as birds flying back when the weather is safe. True story.

Found this on Facebook lol

A mate just posted a pic on FB of the control panel for the toilet in his hotel in Japan. Wow.

They need a step that comes out at the base as well, or a squatty potty…The ad for it cracks me up joy

Cant see youtube links at work, so hopefully this works.