The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Quality is getting useless

Hey,

Recently I bought some new skateboard tees and the quality is absolute garbage. It’s like half the Oz rating of cotton material I have seen. It WASN’T purchased through BW. Paying $40-$50 a tee and getting a piece of rag is just getting annoying in the industry. I got a Expedition One tee which is from Kayo corp and the quality is still there but if I took one fall with the others they would just rip.

Anyone know of companies still producing quality garments?

Yeah that is true with brands getting useless with the quality of the garments. Originally they were saying that it is a softer and more premium garment. Then bang they went rubbish. I remember when t-shirts were done by Gildan and Fruit of the Loom, the quality was always there.

I pretty much stopped buying skate brand tees a while ago as I didn’t see the point in buying tees that cost a fortune and didn’t last. Upon saying I remember Passport doing some quality tees. Other than that Analog did a decent 3 pack of blank tee for the price of a single tee. Bonds tees perhaps.

In conclusion though bkrton I do agree with you on the quality going to pieces these days.