The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

REVIEW: Create Skate Magnets

I had a bit of fun with the Remind Cush Insoles review the other day, so here’s another one. This time it’s the Create Skate Magnets, which are on sale in the store for $15 at the moment, down from $20.

Basically, these are fridge magnets with a ton of skateboarding related words and phrases. A ton. It’s advertised as having 300 or so magnets, which sounds like a lot. But when you get 300 magnets in front of you (or on your fridge) it seems like a lot more. It seems endless. You can go crazy with these and come up with just about any phrase related to skateboarding, heck, you can come up with thousands that have nothing to do with skating, such is the abundance of material to choose from.

Something that I was surprised with right off that bat was the amount of place names included that relate to skateboarding. The people who made these clearly know at least something about the sport, because the inclusion of famous spots like Martin Place and Lincoln Square was a nice surprise. Skateparks like Bondi, Paddington, Belco and Riverslide are also included. Trick names are also in abundance, along with lingo from every era, which can lead to some hilarious sentences.

I can guarantee that despite how stupid they might seem, you can easily lose hours just coming up with stupid sentences and laughing at your own jokes. They’re always there on the fridge, so when you’ve got something in the microwave or you’re grabbing a beer you can just muck around with them and come up with something new. The amount of sentences and phrases you could come up with is genuinely endless. Like I said, once you see the sheer amount of magnets, your creativity will go wild. Most of all, this stuff is just good fun.

You can pick up there fridge magnets here at the shop.