The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

new board

Feel like buying another board for shits and giggles….

thinking yes jackpot ??? opinions
or
Rome Shiv 2014 ??? opinion
or
another capita horrorscope (love my current 2013 model)

urm

182 cm
80Kg
boot size 9.5

prefer softer borads.

and GO.

DC Ply ha ha ha ha.

Burton hate?? Around a 152. I have one and it’s a noodle.

YES Jackpot, YES public, Capita ultrafear, Salomon Villain.

Haven’t tried any of the boards tho except the Villain.

My vote is for the Jackpot. No point getting another Horrorscope. The Jackpot will give you a different camber profile to play with (compared to your two other boards). CamRock is the shit.

thanks, would 152 be okay for japan ?

Nup, not in deep powder anyway. Why wouldn’t you ride your Chemical Storm in Japan? It would float so much better.

Slight thread hijack

currently have Never summer proto hd 154 and a fyve board also 154 no idea what it is ..its the free one for going to fyve camp

wondering if its worth buying a POW board for Japan.  Looked at rental cost of a board for my 3 weeks in Japan and its over 500 bucks…I could buy one for not much more than that.

So worth it or will I not really be needing it.  If so how big and what kind.

currently 90kg aiming for 85 for Japan. 172cm tall size 9 boot

and go!!!

I’m 90kg and rode a 160!!!!!

My new board is a 162!!!!!

DigitalReaver - 18 December 2013 05:45 PM

Slight thread hijack

currently have Never summer proto hd 154 and a fyve board also 154 no idea what it is ..its the free one for going to fyve camp

wondering if its worth buying a POW board for Japan.  Looked at rental cost of a board for my 3 weeks in Japan and its over 500 bucks…I could buy one for not much more than that.

and go!!!

You could buy a fyve fish 160 today for 1/2 price!

DylanV - 26 December 2013 08:20 AM
DigitalReaver - 18 December 2013 05:45 PM

Slight thread hijack

and go!!!

You could buy a fyve fish 160 today for 1/2 price!

I snapped up the last one. Hesitated for a min and thought fuck it, it could be a slab of wood for the beans I payed. Looking forward to trying it in Japan in a months time…
(Im still tempted to sell it and buy a Burton Fish with EST which will save me buying new bindings so if you’re interested in a Japan pow board let me know! wink )

I was looking at the fyve fish but it was showing at nearly 500 bucks.  I can get a Jones hovercraft for that.  Or was the discount applied once you added it to your shopping cart

DigitalReaver - 27 December 2013 05:40 PM

I was looking at the fyve fish but it was showing at nearly 500 bucks.  I can get a Jones hovercraft for that.  Or was the discount applied once you added it to your shopping cart

I used a boxing day sale coupon for 50% off.

BammBamm - 27 December 2013 07:01 PM
DigitalReaver - 27 December 2013 05:40 PM

I used a boxing day sale coupon for 50% off.

Yea I did the same

was it only on boards or everything ?

Was for everything mate, but whether what you wanted was in stock was a whole another story.

I wanted a few things but none was available and that was at like 8:30am.