The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What are your goals this season?

Add more style to my riding smile

to improve on last years efforts - injuries made my last session riding a bit crapola! Tore my calf four weeks before going and it made life a little difficult!

snow dependent - i want to move on to the double blacks at hotham. Got the others under control. Want to also refine my riding in the trees.

I dont work on this much, but I’m not as fast of a rider as I would like to be.
I am perfectly happy being mellow and making tons of turns.
I wish I was more confident going faster.
There’s a lot more air I could get on the hill by still staying out of the park and just going faster. So when I do get to the park it takes a bit of speed to hit the bigger tables and clear them. I’d like to gain more comfort with that. It’s not something that comes from one day or two on the hill.

does untracked thigh deep pow on Kamikaze at Blue Cow count as a goal or a dream?

Skiing makes me Board - 06 July 2009 01:48 AM

does untracked thigh deep pow on Kamikaze at Blue Bow count as a goal or a dream?

Sounds like a great goal to me!

the thing i love most about snowboarding, its so multifaceted.  i have so many different goals on the go at the same time.

to learn to teach better
to learn to turn better
to not feel terrible spinning switch back spins above 180
to sort out my fs spins that have gone south fast lately!

To add some tricks and style to my riding and to help my mates enjoy themselves as much as I do!

Bigger FS & BS 3’s off kickers
Do switch FS & BS 3’s
Boardslide a box
Do at least one inverted trick before the end of the season

Aidy - 07 July 2009 10:05 AM

to learn to teach better

I really like that Aidy. It’s always one of my top goals. I find talking on forums such as this really helps the cause. It forces us to think and explain things very clearly, otherwise the reader won’t understand what we’re talking about. I always try keep things technical but simple at the same time. There is so much more to teaching than ‘cool, just do this..’, it takes thought and clear communication. I know how much passion you have for snowboarding Aidy, I have been lucky enough to experience it first hand. I have no doubt you will keep improving as an instructor.

I also want to boardslide a box. I tried last year but kept falling on my butt.

ilikesnow - 08 July 2009 08:40 AM

I also want to boardslide a box. I tried last year but kept falling on my butt.

The butt on the box is inevitable. Try to stay in the middle of your board and just practice it. Control your tricks, start small and keep your eyes at the end of the box. Looking down at your board does not help at all.
Hope that helps mate

I hit my first box switch the other day. It was the d-box at Thredbo. I wonder if Perisher will have a d-box this year?

I need to start hitting rails sometime too. I’ve never done one before.

I did my first flat down box earlier this year. It was a lot easier than I thought. I did it few times and then noticed scratches on the base of my new board so then I stopped that.

Someone once told me that boxes and rails are just like ice. It’s just that they look so intimidating!

Too many & not enough time or money on snow to get there

Park & Steeps & Hiking for turns.

When you say D-box, do you mean a down box? or one shaped like a D?
I looked online for help, but only found this:

I think this is what it is:
“Dbox has developed motion simulator technology for both home theater and commercial use.”